DBS mod installed, am I missing something?

At the right location DBS mod goes long way. I have been over 41,000 ft (7.7 miles) with it.

location, location, location
in my area my fpvlr v2 beats my dbs antenna, boosted fpvlr beats boosted dbs and I have a new antenna unboosted that beats the fpvlr v3 boosted.

Well, I'm moving in 2 months so hopefully I'll be able to find some really nice places to film. Just got my filters too!
Can't wait to test out the hd setting tomorrow though and see if that improves the distance.

Last edited:
location, location, location
in my area my fpvlr v2 beats my dbs antenna, boosted fpvlr beats boosted dbs and I have a new antenna unboosted that beats the fpvlr v3 boosted.

What new antenna un-boosted beats the fpvlr v3 boosted ?

I honestly never tried to see the maximum distance before I acquired this DBS mod. I was always too nervous it would cut off on me haha.

I'm definitely going to have to check that out. I've been dying to climb lantern hill and take off from the top.
Mt. Misery is badass too...fly right off the cliff...its right by hopeville pond

Mt. Misery is badass too...fly right off the cliff...its right by hopeville pond

Never actually heard of Mt. Misery. I've been camping at hopeville pond plenty of time though. I'll have to check it out soon, it's finally starting to get warmer.

I was hoping to test the boosters on the dbs panel today but the **** weather got me

I was hoping to test the boosters on the dbs panel today but the **** weather got me

Yeah, I hate flying when there's a chance of rain.
I'm just waiting for mosquammicut tomorrow, hopefully I can get some real nice range there.

You should see some good results there..i think groton was a bad spot for interference because of all the stuff that close by..the college and e.b and the base up a bit..i know its kinda far from that flight spot but theres just to many strong signals. Good luck tmrw hope you get some miles out!! And if your still not happy check out the maxx range or terminator. .they are insane unboosted!!

You should see some good results there..i think groton was a bad spot for interference because of all the stuff that close by..the college and e.b and the base up a bit..i know its kinda far from that flight spot but theres just to many strong signals. Good luck tmrw hope you get some miles out!! And if your still not happy check out the maxx range or terminator. .they are insane unboosted!!

Just got back from flying this morning. I ended up going about 3,300 feet before my had signal started having problems. I also checked and my hd setting was at 4mbps on both litchi and the go app.
I brought an unmodified p3p and controller as well and was only getting around 2,000 feet before I had camera problems with that.
That pretty much proves that my antenna mod is working fine, I just need to find a better area to fly.

Rocky neck!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj