DBS Mod Completed - reached a Max Distance of 4,974 feet or 1516 meters from the home-point

That's pretty good. Guess I will send my remote in. On earlier post. I only went 1200ft. And I did not lose signal. I will try the windsurfer before I actually mod it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Part of me wants to see a giant yellow pushpin actually there! Other than perhaps the power lines, I would think with a wide open space like that you should be able to get more than 1500' with no issues with it out of the box.
I never got more than 1500 feet no mater where I flew without of loss of signal when it was stock

I have gotten out to 2500 successfully with stock in an open area, but I haven't tested closer to a city I'm sure it would be allot less.

I performed my longest controlled flight with the new antenna and reached a Max Distance of 4,974 feet or 1516 meters from the home-point.

During the flight I lost signal at 3,466 feet and the craft started a RTH. When I regained signal I turned the quad back around and held the antenna a little lower toward where I thought the quad would be. I was them able to achieve the maximum distance of 4,974 feet before it did a RTH and I allowed it to return.

Before the DBS Mod I was able to get 1500 feet then lost signal repeatedly. I am happy with my results.

Here is the Healthy Drones flight log : HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

In the landscape photo there is a pin marking the approximate spot it did a RTH and in the second is the house located there.

View attachment 42562

View attachment 42565

View attachment 42564

Nice man! So you have the DBS MOD? That's great! I am wondering if you used Litchi of you could have gone further? Not being reliant on you turning it around it would do that mission as you entered it. I wish I had some flat land like here.

That's pretty good. Guess I will send my remote in. On earlier post. I only went 1200ft. And I did not lose signal. I will try the windsurfer before I actually mod it.

The mod is super easy. Open it up, remove two connectors, install two connectors and drill a couple holes. Mine took 30 minutes.

It's so worth it

Trying to learn Powerdirector and testing the DBS Mod on my P3 Standard

Here is a short video:

Scott. What is the video editor you are using. As you got that breaking news banner?

Scott. What is the video editor you are using. As you got that breaking news banner?

I bought Power Director 13 for about $45 on ebay. There is a learning curve, but I am liking it.

I wonder why you lose signal in a such a vast area. I would think you would go 10k plus.

I wonder why you lose signal in a such a vast area. I would think you would go 10k plus.

I am not sure Tony. I would like to have gone farther but that was the first test. I will try another day later in the week.

Agree with that...I think you should have easily been able to get 8-10K in that type of area. Sometimes I wonder if weather has anything to do with it, it's crazy how variable things can be.

This one is just over 10K with a lot more houses in the area (at least where I take off), DBS panel mod. Didn't have the FPVLR with me at the time to compare, ARGH!
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20