DBS long range antenna

I'm thinking of an antenna improvement myself, what you suggest without spending too much?
I would like to have more signal in interferred area (antennas and other), and seeing i'm living in a mountain region, a better signal when my P3P is hidden after something.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Gracy, I'm pretty new to the P3A, but have modded my P3S. I think if you're going for penetration the DBS panel ($100ish) is a pretty good choice and not as directional as the FPVLR mod-but the V2 of the FPVLR looks promising.

I'd start with the windsurfer (a 3D printed one) and 32 channel hack (free) to see how you do because that's certainly the cheapest things to try first.

Reactions: Gracy
If you are in the UK I can totally recommend Tom Hodgins if you want your remote modded so it can accept a DBS ITElite Antenna or any other 2.4ghz screw in antennas. very fast turn around. Here is his Facebook page to message him on - Facebook

Resurrecting an old thread but I just got 21,000 feet (4 miles) on a stock Advanced with only the 32 channel hack and a cheap windsurfer from Amazon.

Can't see the need for the DBS or FPVLR unless I need more range in higher interference areas (get about 5,000-6,000 feet in my neighborhood).

ae8bd3daabd6551c4f5b1adce0eb069c.jpg

I saw 4 miles out done with a stock P3 and stock P3 Controller no channel hack no windsurfer.

I saw 4 miles out done with a stock P3 and stock P3 Controller no channel hack no windsurfer.
Wouldn't be surprised...was just testing the windsurfer (cause it just came in the mail) but had not flown in that location before. Full strength on RC and FPV when I turned around so could have gone further with good aiming...only battery limited.

Pretty sure the hack didn't play a part either because in that location most channels are already clean.

I'll have to go back and do it again no windsurfer when I get a chance to see the difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31