Dbs extender

same for me. felt it was waste of money. What by far works best for me is the boosted FPVLR. Battery is the limiting factor.. Enjoy, donnie
Have you ever tried the Itelite antenna? I don't need to boost it to get 3mi, which is about the limit of the craft battery. Boosting is a hassle, having the amps and a second battery hanging on the back of the RC. Just a mess of stuff and added weight.

The FPVLR setup looks like a Frankenstein DIY product in comparison. I've owned one and it's ergonomically undesirable IMO. The Itelite antenna, when installed, fits in my backpack, I don't have to remove the antenna like the FPVLR setup.

Is the Itelite the same as the DBS Itelite Antenna ?
Where did you get your antenna ? (HINT: Send Link)
Please do not use names -Send a link. There are too many similar sounding antennas, boosters, site names to make any sense of this at all.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Have you ever tried the Itelite antenna? I don't need to boost it to get 3mi, which is about the limit of the craft battery. Boosting is a hassle, having the amps and a second battery hanging on the back of the RC. Just a mess of stuff and added weight.

The FPVLR setup looks like a Frankenstein DIY product in comparison. I've owned one and it's ergonomically undesirable IMO. The Itelite antenna, when installed, fits in my backpack, I don't have to remove the antenna like the FPVLR setup.

Is the Itelite the same as the DBS Itelite Antenna ?
Where did you get your antenna ? (HINT: Send Link)
Please do not use names -Send a link. There are too many similar sounding antennas, boosters, site names to make any sense of this at all.

Yes, it does get confusing because of the product names and company names have commonality. Itelite antennas are manufactured in Poland by Itelite. They are sold in the U.S. by DBSmods.com and Maxxuav.com.

There are two Itelite antennas. The first one is the DBS2.2, which is the original antenna that works well and is about the same width as the P4 RC. This antenna, when installed, will fit inside the Pro Craft and Think Tank Helipak backpacks without removing the antenna from the RC (important ergonomics). This is the one I recommend to my friends because it's adequate for a 3mi range which is about the limit a fully charged battery can fly, rangewise, AND it fits in a backpack when installed.

The second one is the MAXXrange model, which is a monster sized antenna, similar look but about twice as wide. This one will not fit in a backpack without removing it from the RC. Removing it entails unscrewing the RF cables from the RC. The antenna simply unclips from the metal rail bar on the back of the RC. The unclipping part is easy and quick, but screwing the cables on and off every time is a hassle, PITA. I don't recommend this one unless you don't mind the inconvenience. In this case, make sure you don't accidentally turn on the RC with the antenna cables removed. This can potentially blow the RF section of the RC.

Both antennas are sold by maxxuav.com and dbsmods.com. Jake at maxxuav.com is the better vendor IMO due to better service AND they offer the CLEAN INSTALL KIT ($39) option which mounts the SMA connectors in the original antenna holes so you don't have to drill holes in the RC shell.

BTW, don't buy this antenna from DRONE WORLD, they are a rip off.

Last edited:
I have the maxxrange antenna from Jake and am still experiencing signal loss around 2500-3000' distance at 400' height. Anyone have any insight or a different antenna I should try?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have the maxxrange antenna from Jake and am still experiencing signal loss around 2500-3000' distance at 400' height. Anyone have any insight or a different antenna I should try?

Try custom channel 20 (or whatever channel is the most quiet) and then set the transmission quality to 4mbps. That helped me a ton. Make sure you point the antenna at the craft, which I assume you are. Also make sure you have clear line of sight, no trees or anything between you and the craft.

FPVLR from drone nerds provides me the best range. I have tested all the currently available aftermarket antenna setups and by far and away this FPVLR boosted antenna is the winner. donnie

first off are we talking an open field? remember at 3000 feet the drone at 400' altitude is no longer ontop of you, so its important to remember to aim the antenna pretty much directly even with the horizon, actually even pointed down a little as the antenna goes up on an angle from the mount.
now that you aimed it right, is there anything in the way? houses? trees? go higher!

Hate to say it, but at 400' for me, I'd probably lose signal within 300 feet, lol, I have massive trees and houses all around me.

Reactions: ray rokni
FPVLR from drone nerds provides me the best range. I have tested all the currently available aftermarket antenna setups and by far and away this FPVLR boosted antenna is the winner. donnie

Just take a look at the range leader board and you will be shocked as to how many are NOT using fpvlr!!

My best longest distance from home point with the maxx panel is just over 9 miles, the record at just over 10 miles is also by an itelite maxx panel.

It is all about the installation and then the most important part, the AIM.
Get your aiming right and you will be surprised..

Oh and don't use manual channel, leave it in auto mode

Reactions: Digdat0
first off are we talking an open field? remember at 3000 feet the drone at 400' altitude is no longer ontop of you, so its important to remember to aim the antenna pretty much directly even with the horizon, actually even pointed down a little as the antenna goes up on an angle from the mount.
now that you aimed it right, is there anything in the way? houses? trees? go higher!

Hate to say it, but at 400' for me, I'd probably lose signal within 300 feet, lol, I have massive trees and houses all around me.

So even at 400' i should keep the panel even with the horizon and not aim it slightly up to the sky?

So even at 400' i should keep the panel even with the horizon and not aim it slightly up to the sky?

Correct, do this:
Send it out, say a mile or so at anywhere between 200 and 400 high. Then stop. And move the rc in left and right, up and down while looking at your signals and see the effect it has.

I had the same experience when I first installed the Clean Install kit for the MaxxRange antenna.
Turned out I had bent the internal controller wire where it is soldered to the connector. It still seemed to work at shorter distances, but was still damaged internally.
After carefully installing another cable kit, I am now able to fly to the limit of the battery.

Reactions: D'sAdvanced
Just take a look at the range leader board and you will be shocked as to how many are NOT using fpvlr!!

My best longest distance from home point with the maxx panel is just over 9 miles, the record at just over 10 miles is also by an itelite maxx panel.

It is all about the installation and then the most important part, the AIM.
Get your aiming right and you will be surprised..

Oh and don't use manual channel, leave it in auto mode

Are Maxxrange and Itelite DBS02 the same?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, I guess that depends on your definition of "better."

Do you want max range (that's a hint) or do you want convenient mobility?

You could do a tiny bit of reading...

Reactions: Digdat0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl