Dangerous glitch I found

Reaction score
If you lose connection with the bird it will RTH... well... I turned my controller off in my room and the bird just stopped and shut it's motors off. What happens if I lose connection or do a way point mission out of signal?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you lose connection with the bird it will RTH... well... I turned my controller off in my room and the bird just stopped and shut it's motors off. What happens if I lose connection or do a way point mission out of signal?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's because it was landed when you switched off the RC.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Spot on... As soon as I posted I had that thought. But left it up here just to be confirmed lol. But a part of me thought that it should only happen when you manually shut the motors off

Reactions: mikero
Laughs... super scary thought....., but he's correct.

That's the expected behavior.

Losing connection during a mission has no effect on the flight and it continues on the mission. That's the expected behavior too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Was just a tad worried but I list signal many times before... I even turned the control pad off before during flight and it was fine. Just thought this update would kill of the motors if RC is turned off but like said earlier, it wasn't in flight and the bird knew it was on the ground. However I will hover it about knee height and try it

Was just a tad worried but I list signal many times before... I even turned the control pad off before during flight and it was fine. Just thought this update would kill of the motors if RC is turned off but like said earlier, it wasn't in flight and the bird knew it was on the ground. However I will hover it about knee height and try it

Most likely it will land, BUT... be prepared for a climb to RTH.

I think that if lower than certain alt and or close to H point it will just land.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic