CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ events

Re: CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ ev

JimC6 said:
... He told me that the use of aerial flying devices is not allowed in any State Recreation Facility.
Is this true?
Has anyone else had this happen?

Not sure what the difference is between a "State Recreation Facility" and a "State Park" but people fly all sorts of things in Haddam Meadows State Park without being hassled. RC planes, helicopters, quadcopters, model rockets, you name it. The only people that get upset about it are birdwatchers who are afraid the sound scares off the birds.

Hi there Quadders.

Name: Scott
Equipment: P2V+ v3
Experience: 12 flights, 3 crashes!

Just a guess: I think recreational facilities are things like fishing ponds (no swimming), skating ponds, boat launches. State Parks have more facilities with picnic benches, change rooms.

JimC6 said:
This morning I was flying at Black Pond in Meriden which is a State of CT recreation facility. I was going to film my brother and nephew ice fishing and driving there quad (4 wheel) over the ice. While I was flying around a DEEP agent asked me what I was doing. I showed him where my phantom was (about 1200 ft out and 200' up). He told me that the use of aerial flying devices is not allowed in any State Recreation Facility.

Is this true? I went to the State DEEP website and did a search and could not find a regulation.

He was very cool about it. He said I could continue flying unless someone complained but my fingers were getting numb so I packed it in.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Complete nonsense. Name and badge number and file a complaint for spewing ********. I hope this doesn't become the norm. :evil:

So... who else is sick of this snow??? Anyone out there flying with all this stuff on the ground? My fingers are getting itchy and I can't wait for it to warm up!

I want to fly! Waiting for warmer weather though this cold sux!

A buddy of mine just got a 250 class mini quad racer that you can fly via FPV. Very cool and very fast. I think I may get one this spring too.

FYI I just got an email from DJI yesterday as follows;

"Dear DJI Customer,

There have been a small number of reported issues with the latest Phantom firmware, v3.10. In response to these reports, DJI has proactively suspended this firmware update.

If you already updated your Phantom firmware to v3.10, please reset your firmware to the prior version (v3.08) immediately. To do this, connect your Phantom to your PC, launch the DJI Phantom Assistant software, and follow the standard procedures for updating your firmware. V3.08 has now been designated as the latest version, and your Phantom will be reset.

If you have not yet updated your Phantom firmware to v3.10, and your current firmware version is v3.08, no action is necessary."

I recently updated mine last month I'll have to check to see what version I'm at and downgrade if necessary

Hey Joe, "where you're gonna go with that drone in your hand?", Jimi Hendrix. The weather is getting warmer, we all should schedule 1st meet, any body ?

artsribanpot said:
Hey Joe, "where you're gonna go with that drone in your hand?", Jimi Hendrix. The weather is getting warmer, we all should schedule 1st meet, any body ?

wow. i knew i was famous!

Im flying already .. you guys are all afraid to lol... I'm ready when everyone else is...

Rob,

Middletown.

Phamton2 V+
F550

Hey! Brand Newbie here.
I'm Chris.
Running a Phantom 2, H3hd gimbal and a GoPro3+.
No FPV yet.
So far, one flight and one crash....

I've been practicing inside with a Nano QX though.

Wish me luck, hope to meet some of you guys.

Hey! Brand Newbie here.
I'm Chris.
Running a Phantom 2, H3hd gimbal and a GoPro3+.
No FPV yet.
So far, one flight and one crash....

I've been practicing inside with a Nano QX though.

Wish me luck, hope to meet some of you guys.

hello and welcome, unfortunately the snow is still falling in ct. lol, happy spring!

I too have been practicing indoors with my nano qx fpv, and i must say it definitely helps to satisfy the flying bug i have with this weather. Took the phantom out twice but snow can only be so interesting.. anyways, CT seems to have a lot of members, anyone else flying right now..

anyone have any good flying areas they care to share so we can get a meet going?

- joe

I'm from RI but spend way too much time atthe poker tables at the Woods. How far are you guys from Foxwoods.

I have a phantom 2 with a Drone Expert gimbal. In fact back in April of last year did video with to test it,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also have a 2+ and a Walkera Tali H500 which is still in the box. Selling that one. Thinking about the Inspire.

Is there anyone in the area who does repairs. The 2+ tapped a bush and fell 2 feet into tall grass, the camera came off and broke the ribbon. Looking for someone to replace the ribbon.

Hi there all!

Evan
Manchester CT
...currently nothing but my Hubsan X4 for flying around the house. I had a P2V+ v3 that I got in early March. I took it up briefly twice and there were problems with jumping video and lines in the playback so I returned it...I was about to buy a replacement when all the talk about the Phantom 3 being announced on April 13th came out. So now I am waiting impatiently without a drone until that is released. When it does I will be flying and hope to meet people on here.

Hi Joe and CT Phantom members, how about we all get together on the near future weekend for lunch or coffee/beer don't have to fly, unless it happens to be a nice day. Joe, you pick a location, date and time or we all vote.

Joe and CT phantom owners,
Joe, since you started this group, it is time to set up the first meet. If I have pick a location then it is Burnt Hill Park in Hebron. You or others pick the date or new location. Let's get started.

I am good to go wherever and mostly whenever. I prefer during the week so there are fewer people around. Art and I have flown in the park he mentioned above. Its a good site with few if any people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers