CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ events

LOL, you're right! I had my daughter take this picture of me while I was taking a picture of an Isle of Skye landscape in Scotland. It's the closest I've ever been to being on the Moon! So, I've been getting more flying in, really concentrating on stick work vs. camera work. I still run the camera while flying (just set on auto for now) so I can generate a little catalogue of files I can begin working on in Premiere Pro. It's all very complicated stuff but lots of fun nonetheless! Yesterday though I had a weird situation wherein I could not get my bird to fly above 93 feet nor would it fly out that far. Almost like it was in beginner mode...but wasn't. Have you experienced anything like that? I was flying in Veteran's Park in Norwalk, as a point of reference.

Re range - if you didn’t figure it out yet, Sounds like it updated to the new version of the DJi Go app and needed to re-authenticate. The recent major update to the Go app logged me out and required a re-auth. Until you authenticate it has limits similar to beginner mode, including 30M altitude which matches your 93’ max.

Good call on just generating some content. For the video stuff I did the same. Gave lots of stuff to play with and try new things. I haven’t done a great deal with video in the past so good excuse to learn more both on the editing side but also learning what works and what doesn’t in terms of aerial video shots.

Shooting mostly stills again now... been waiting all summer for these leaves to start turning which they are just beginning to do up here near the mass border. Planning to take a day trip hopefully Sunday up north towards VT. (Spent an hour looking up the state laws across the other NE states ... we’re actually quite well off here in CT!). When do you usually try to fly? Maybe as the leaf peak moves South I can head down your way one afternoon.

Re range - if you didn’t figure it out yet, Sounds like it updated to the new version of the DJi Go app and needed to re-authenticate. The recent major update to the Go app logged me out and required a re-auth. Until you authenticate it has limits similar to beginner mode, including 30M altitude which matches your 93’ max.

Good call on just generating some content. For the video stuff I did the same. Gave lots of stuff to play with and try new things. I haven’t done a great deal with video in the past so good excuse to learn more both on the editing side but also learning what works and what doesn’t in terms of aerial video shots.

Shooting mostly stills again now... been waiting all summer for these leaves to start turning which they are just beginning to do up here near the mass border. Planning to take a day trip hopefully Sunday up north towards VT. (Spent an hour looking up the state laws across the other NE states ... we’re actually quite well off here in CT!). When do you usually try to fly? Maybe as the leaf peak moves South I can head down your way one afternoon.

Good call on the update, that was exactly the case! I was also having a bugger of a time unscrewing the lens cover but the old rubber band trick took care of that and now I can shoot with my ND16 and 32 filters. Gotta also say that camera is the real deal! I've been shooting a lot of stills and the quality is stunning! Dude, I'd love to hook up. I don't mind driving either. My schedule is pretty open and extremely flexible. The only time I won't be around is the end of October where I'll be in Moab for a few days then on the Cape for a few days (gonna see if I can spot a Great White!) but otherwise I'll be accessible. I'll PM my contact info.

I am new to the drone world and just found this group.

Name: Sean
Experience: P4 (department owned), Mavic

Excited about getting more into this hobby.

Reactions: djanelle and DaRana
Hey, there - John from Cheshire checking in. I recently acquired my first drone, a P4A, after having a bit of experience with an R/C aircraft. The Phantom is MUCH easier to fly! I just started using the Litchi app.

I haven't done anything too crazy yet, mainly exercising the Waypoints feature of Litchi, as I think that's how I'll use my drone the most. My most ambitious flight was at the Holy Land USA site in Waterbury - pretty dramatic location for aerial video.

Reactions: jlazz447 and DaRana
Hi Y'all! Don here. Manchester Ct. P4P pro. Love photography - want to go to sites to expand my ground based photography.

What’s up CT new p4p in Naugatuck CT looking for some good places to fly with nice views. Don’t care if i need to drive a bit went to Stonington and they was Beautiful.

Reactions: DaRana
What’s up CT new p4p in Naugatuck CT looking for some good places to fly with nice views. Don’t care if i need to drive a bit went to Stonington and they was Beautiful.

Hey tj. I’m on the other side of the state so don’t know the area around you as much, but there should be some great locations down on the shore and along the housatonic. Remember CT DEEP property is off limits for flying so no state parks but I’ve found if you look near state parks that’s a good start. Also look for town parks. There’s a great park in Rocky Hill with huge open fields away from anything and anyone. Lovely for practicing/testing especially. Last thought, I’ve found “small” picturesque places all over, if you’re going for photos / video all you need is a direction to shoot with no distraction - I fly at the local high school here on weekends sometimes where a river runs along the back of the property, as long as I’m facing northwest/southeast it looks like I’m in the middle of nowhere. :)

I live In Beacon Falls and am getting my P4 on Monday. Are there any spots safe to fly without being hasseled?

New to Site:
Sam Melendez
Beacon Falls

Receiving my P4A on Monday. Coming form a crappy Parrot drone and flying Helos. watching tons of videos and reading alot to find out about drone laws in our state. Does anyone have any thoughts on registering and getting a FAA licence? Thanks in advance.

Hi Y'all! Don here. Manchester Ct. P4P pro. Love photography - want to go to sites to expand my ground based photography.

hey don,

shoot me a text lets fly sometime. avid handheld photographer as well

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl