CT phantom owners Check in here.. Meets/tech support/ events

Bristol, CT
P3P on its way.

Already been scoping out some areas and have found some gems...

Barkhamsted Reservoir and dam

Colebrook Reservoir and Farmington River (looks awesome right with the big drought we've had)

Goshen hill plains/winery fields

Went to Saville Dam today. It was a little cold with a slight wind, but that is not the point. Got sent home by the MDC police! The officer was very nice I do have to mention, but told me I could not fly my drone here. I told her I would bring it back right away but asked why. She told me it is private property, and if it fell/crashed inside the fence I could not get it. This is a very nice place with beautiful scenery, such a shame! I was doing an Autopilot orbit around the little tower when she arrived. I got about 3 minutes of good video, only got 3/4 through the mission.

If you call ahead of time and give them your registration and insurance, they usually allow you. Otherwise we will have to stand a mile away in the woods lol. I've been doing distance runs in Farmington by Avon Old Farms School. I'm addicted.

That's a beautiful area I used ride my motorcycle there. You is the MDC Police, and where did you launch from?

That's a beautiful area I used ride my motorcycle there. You is the MDC Police, and where did you launch from?
MDC owns and operates lots of local reservoirs. They are a water company basically, and have their own police. I launched from the parking lot on the southeast side of the lake. Was not trying to hide what I was doing. While being aware "inside" the fence is private property, I though launching from the parking lot would be ok. I was going to sit in the warn car while the mission ran, looking back that would have been a better choice. The bird was at about 100 feet, so I think she saw me with the controller and not my Phantom.

MDC owns and operates lots of local reservoirs. They are a water company basically, and have their own police. I launched from the parking lot on the southeast side of the lake. Was not trying to hide what I was doing. While being aware "inside" the fence is private property, I though launching from the parking lot would be ok. I was going to sit in the warn car while the mission ran, looking back that would have been a better choice. The bird was at about 100 feet, so I think she saw me with the controller and not my Phantom.

That stinks sorry to hear. It's a shame that we "know" nothing bad will happen but because of stupid people, we are highly regulated and pose a threat to the public. I'm having some hovering issues right now I'm furious. VPS seems useless and I've re-caled everything and backed down software and it's still doing whatever it wants to do.

That stinks sorry to hear. It's a shame that we "know" nothing bad will happen but because of stupid people, we are highly regulated and pose a threat to the public. I'm having some hovering issues right now I'm furious. VPS seems useless and I've re-caled everything and backed down software and it's still doing whatever it wants to do.
Funny you say that! Just had minor crash with mine after a hover issue. Was at about 2-3 feet high and it was jiggling like jelly! Moved the right stick a bit and noticed it was stiff or stuck. Right away after that I could not control it, almost hit myself with it and crashed into an evergreen. Hit the ground and did the squeal. I got it shut down right away with no damage except dirty props.
Be careful!

Funny you say that! Just had minor crash with mine after a hover issue. Was at about 2-3 feet high and it was jiggling like jelly! Moved the right stick a bit and noticed it was stiff or stuck. Right away after that I could not control it, almost hit myself with it and crashed into an evergreen. Hit the ground and did the squeal. I got it shut down right away with no damage except dirty props.
Be careful!

Did you calibrate the controller? What about balance the props? I've noticed after leaving them tucked in my bag for a while they can get a little warped and need to warm up and sort of bend back to shape before flying.

I need to do the controller calibration. But it was for sure a problem with the right stick. Took the controller apart but found nothing wrong. Stick seems normal now. Did a low flight over grass in the yard and the wiggle wobble is gone. Hope to test again in a few days.

I need to do the controller calibration. But it was for sure a problem with the right stick. Took the controller apart but found nothing wrong. Stick seems normal now. Did a low flight over grass in the yard and the wiggle wobble is gone. Hope to test again in a few days.

I'll probably be in Avon Wednesday testing distance if you're bored. I'm trying different setups and stuff to see what flys the best. I found a nice park with a pavilion and bunch of baseball fields one way and a 3 mile stretch over farmland and golf courses the other way. Perfect for test flights. AND it's just outside of the airspace restriction areas.

I'll probably be in Avon Wednesday testing distance if you're bored. I'm trying different setups and stuff to see what flys the best. I found a nice park with a pavilion and bunch of baseball fields one way and a 3 mile stretch over farmland and golf courses the other way. Perfect for test flights. AND it's just outside of the airspace restriction areas.
I wish, darn job keeps me from flying on weekdays. Good luck and have fun. Maybe on a weekend.

How was your flight Wednesday? Hope you got to go.

Cold but awesome. Broke my old distance record. 16,235 ft stock P3P. Also got some nice ice shots of the pond. There's a row of houses on the ridge line I want to spy on. Each house is probably 10,000 sq/ft each including the biggest house in CT. I'm heading off on a cruise tomorrow be back on the 11th.

Cold but awesome. Broke my old distance record. 16,235 ft stock P3P. Also got some nice ice shots of the pond. There's a row of houses on the ridge line I want to spy on. Each house is probably 10,000 sq/ft each including the biggest house in CT. I'm heading off on a cruise tomorrow be back on the 11th.
Did you post any pics on the site? I want to clean up my Saville run a little and put it up here. A piece of if came out nice.

Hello all. Haddam checking in with a Phantom 3S...completed a few flights at Haddam Meadows, but now unsure as to the legality of this as the State apparently outlawed drones in State Parks, which Haddam Meadows is....thoughts? If anyone is local and would like to fly, let me know!

Hello all. Haddam checking in with a Phantom 3S...completed a few flights at Haddam Meadows, but now unsure as to the legality of this as the State apparently outlawed drones in State Parks, which Haddam Meadows is....thoughts? If anyone is local and would like to fly, let me know!
Looks like a nice place! Cant comment on state parks, have not looked into it yet. Would love to finally meet another Phantom owner, but I am still a working stiff so limited on chances! While I am not looking to break rules, I fly unless someone kicks me out. Unless I know ahead you are not supposed to. Spring is coming and I hope to meet a few fliers this year. Haddam is 35 minutes from me in Bristol area.

Would love to also. Missed the chance Saturday and was windy today. Clocks change soon so after work starts being an option again as well. Can we do private messages on this site? Willing to exchange emails or numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl