CrystalSky Ultra- are we there yet?

Reaction score
Has DJI fixed the well-known issues with the CS Ultra?

I realize how much this topic was covered several years ago, but the CS has been out long enough now that surely DJI has fixed some of these issues. I would like to hear from the CS Ultra owners: looking back, would you buy the Ultra again or would you go with the High Bright?

I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a CS 7.85 Ultra or High Bright for my Phantom 4, and I need to hear from the Ultra owners. Would you buy it again?

I have the CS Ultra 7.85". Have never had any problems with it. I love it. It has probably saved my P4p from a number of crashes because it's so easy to see power lines, thin tree branches and other obstructions. I can't imagine going back to an iPad.

I recently looked at the CS and lost interest when it said this in their website.

* 5.5” / 7.85” 1000 cd/m2 7.85” Ultra Bright 2000 cd/m2
Resolution: 2048x1536 (7.85’’) / 1920x1080 (5.5’’)
CrystalSky does not support 1080p video transmission

I assume it only supports 720 video transmission from the craft to the RC, even though the display is capable. I would assume the app for CS is outdated for new OcuSync craft to support 1080.

Can anyone confirm my assumptions?

Reactions: Mavikhan
I'm satisfied with my P4P+ controller display. only would like to have bigger one. The original is of 5.5 size and 7.85 would be much better. But as I remember it can't be replaced instead of the original build in display.

I'm satisfied with my P4P+ controller display. only would like to have bigger one. The original is of 5.5 size and 7.85 would be much better. But as I remember it can't be replaced instead of the original build in display.
Yeah, I keep hoping DJI will come out with an 8" display smart controller with high bright display. 5.5" is just too small, and there are phones that size that are as bright that work good in daylight. The Samsung Galaxy S10 is 1200nits, and it's a 6" screen. Why would I buy a 5.5" 1000nit display smart controller that does only one thing, fly drones. I prefer using the ipad mini for the size, but the iPad is still in the 500 to 600 range of brightness, just not enough. I'm always looking for a shade tree to see better.

Yeah, I keep hoping DJI will come out with an 8" display smart controller with high bright display. 5.5" is just too small, and there are phones that size that are as bright that work good in daylight. The Samsung Galaxy S10 is 1200nits, and it's a 6" screen. Why would I buy a 5.5" 1000nit display smart controller that does only one thing, fly drones. I prefer using the ipad mini for the size, but the iPad is still in the 500 to 600 range of brightness, just not enough. I'm always looking for a shade tree to see better.
Well John, I am confident that DJI will come out with an 8", super bright, very affordable, non-overheating, 1080p-video-transmitting, mounting-bracket-included screen, 2 days after I order a CrystalSky.

Well John, I am confident that DJI will come out with an 8", super bright, very affordable, non-overheating, 1080p-video-transmitting, mounting-bracket-included screen, 2 days after I order a CrystalSky.
Haha! This is very common. But I don't believe that they'll do so. The 8' display is preserved for the Inspire otherwise the difference wouldn't be such as it should be according to the price.

I recently bought one off of ebay. It works great outdoors. BUT the firmware (including the DJI GO v3.1 and DJI GO 4 v4.3.16 apps) haven't been updated in years and they may not likely be. I don't think the apps can be updated individually.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic