Crystalsky as an external monitor!

So basically, its not possible to have this be an external monitor for any other device except for DJI products?
Correct, the HDMI port will never be an input. CS is not designed to be multi-purpose, intentionally, so they don't have to support other applications beyond DJI flight monitoring.

Dongle for HDMI in is in the works. Most likely it will work through the Type-C port on the bottom of the CS or possibly Micro USB but I believe it has to be Type-C for the necessary data transfer rates.

Don't think it's possible for the HDMI port to be multi-purpose IN and OUT.

It's 2023 everyone and there's finally a light at the end of this "crystalsky as external monitor" tunnel....even brighter as you can also use it as a recorder.
I have a attached a photo of my solution working with my Sony A7sII camera as a monitor and it can also record videos as the camera is recording as a backup or redundancy.
I can tell you this far, as long as you have an hdmi source, you will be able to use your Crystalsky to record anything from camera outputs, computer video signals and even your game consoles. Also, given it has 2 micro SD card slots this will be great as you can expand storage for recorded footage.

I just discovered this tonight but if there is any other interest in this solution do let me know so I can make a proper step by step video tutorial and have these monitors running out in the wild again!

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_21692.jpg
    IMG_21692.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101
It's 2023 everyone and there's finally a light at the end of this "crystalsky as external monitor" tunnel....even brighter as you can also use it as a recorder.
I have a attached a photo of my solution working with my Sony A7sII camera as a monitor and it can also record videos as the camera is recording as a backup or redundancy.
I can tell you this far, as long as you have an hdmi source, you will be able to use your Crystalsky to record anything from camera outputs, computer video signals and even your game consoles. Also, given it has 2 micro SD card slots this will be great as you can expand storage for recorded footage.

I just discovered this tonight but if there is any other interest in this solution do let me know so I can make a proper step by step video tutorial and have these monitors running out in the wild again!

Thanks everyone!
Hello, I'm interested on you making that video on how I can use my CrystalSky 7.85" with my Sony a6100 Camera.

Reactions: impulse819

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20