Crop Detection

Reaction score
Anyone interested in helping with an opensource counting and detection app using python and Tensorflow or DLIB? Thinking about building a free opensource counting application, Just need the datasets (Imagery for training) to do it with. Wrote an application last year with no data or imagery using just colors (HSV and inrange functions with some other magic) no template matching or anything and got a really successful count (About 90% Accuracy) on fields with no cover crops, With imagery and training data I should be able to handle cover crops and all plus improve accuracy and do some weed detection also.

Hi Brizey,

I'm currently working on a project combining drones, tensorflow lite, and android. The use case is for ranchers. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] . it might be worthwhile for us to collaborate together.

Anyone interested in helping with an opensource counting and detection app using python and Tensorflow or DLIB? Thinking about building a free opensource counting application, Just need the datasets (Imagery for training) to do it with. Wrote an application last year with no data or imagery using just colors (HSV and inrange functions with some other magic) no template matching or anything and got a really successful count (About 90% Accuracy) on fields with no cover crops, With imagery and training data I should be able to handle cover crops and all plus improve accuracy and do some weed detection also.

What help do you need from us?
What count you are talking about?

Just checking in on interest right now, Down the road some imagery for training would be the biggest thing.

To be clear your asking for imagery of crop fields for your own testing? If so I could provide imagery of corn and beans...as much as you want

Pm me for details, and to talk offline about what you need? I have a P4P in rural Iowa. No crops this time of year, but spring is right around the corner

Im intrested! I have some crop images (wheat and oats) and will have ground truth data too

I live in Coachella valley with lots of AG in the area am looking for avenues to help would like to know more but not tech savy but do have a few drones to modify for specific usage also have FLIR duo r camera attached to one

If this is still going, I operate a small grain farm in Central Illinois (corn and beans) and I could provide footage or whatever is needed but I'm not a programmer. I have a P3P, 3DR Solo, and Autel Evo to capture with.

Hey brizey, I had discovered your post through a homework assignment I had to perform for my drone class and I found your post really interesting I had to come post here.

I am not familiar with TensorFlow or DLIB, but I will look it up nonetheless after this. But, I couldn't help but add maybe (if this can be implemented) a classifier/imagery training where the altitude of the drone and the area the specific crop type take up, and (now that I think about it) how the soil is around the crop type dark, light, etc., in terms of the x-y plane.

I am not too familiar with crops, these are some filters you can use, in my opinion and what i think is possible for detection. Furthermore, the altitude and area an crop type takes up in the x-y plane is probably a bit more realistic. Farmers can have the drone fly lower or higher to get a better detection of what kind of crop it is, especially for the weeds as you describe, the weeds being a lot smaller can be detected at a specific altitude range & area coverage maybe the actual crops are not detected. Possibly being more distinguishable of crops, weeds, even foreign animals or insects one day when farmers may run your app in a more autonomous application as the farmer drinks his coffee while watching through his drones onboard camera.

Let me know if that makes sense, I can reexplain in less words and more clearly.

Best,

Sanjit

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic