Critique my video please

If you wanted to show a picture of a lake, then it was good. However, this visual should last about 10 seconds (not 5 minutes).

IMHO, a video needs to tell a story or at least move the viewer forward in their viewing. If you are presenting one subject I'd recommend at least getting different angles of the view. Take some from high up to show the whole area but then from low altitude and from different angles.

You are just starting out and you have already avoided a BIG problem that beginners usually have... that jerky video that you mentioned.

I appreciate your insight for sure... and yeah... i know... 5 minutes of the lake is a bit much for sure... 100% agreed. I was looking for what you gave me.. advice on technique.

Still being VERY new... Im afraid to get it too far away from me... especially over water in 35 degree weather! That being said... I will practice various techniques to improve my skill set...

Thanks for chiming in!

Reactions: charlieb4
Spazz.....just wondering as to what setting did you decide on to try for a Buttery Smooth...Video movies....or to that fact what several ones !
Here ya go bro..

4a5835f8eac7763e6976c0132c266276.jpg

145e3b1d8cd967adacfbf92ed0a80ffb.jpg

5b0c1ebf5b71b9df565636008b8669de.jpg

00d0eb6fa33c02acd95d65abe46e612f.jpg

In addition I do find your videos jumpy. It is not due to quick movements but more like time lapse. I am viewing this on my laptop bur will look again on my desktop. It has a monster video card. What was your frame rate set at.

In addition I do find your videos jumpy. It is not due to quick movements but more like time lapse. I am viewing this on my laptop bur will look again on my desktop. It has a monster video card. What was your frame rate set at.

forgive me for not knowing this.... but where would I find the frame rate at? As I watch these via WIFI on my smart TV, they are seamless with no glitches.

they are produced at 4K - 3840x2160/30p ( 50Mbps)

oh... lol.... 30fps is what you are looking for.... I misread what you were asking for

All right I took another look on my graphic machine, and yes the stuttering is there. In your first video look at about the 1:05 mark. Look closely at the cars as they go down the Highway they are stuttering. You probably won't see it on a tablet you need a larger screen. I would change the frame rate to 25. There are a bunch of settings under the video size you can select the 4K 25 FPS. the ISO should be kept as low as possible 100 and the shutter speed should twice the speed of the frame rate. With a frame rate of 25 then your shutter speed should be 50. Now go buy some ND filters so you can get the correct exposure. :>)

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
All right I took another look on my graphic machine, and yes the stuttering is there. In your first video look at about the 1:05 mark. Look closely at the cars as they go down the Highway they are stuttering. You probably won't see it on a tablet you need a larger screen. I would change the frame rate to 25. There are a bunch of settings under the video size you can select the 4K 25 FPS. the ISO should be kept as low as possible 100 and the shutter speed should twice the speed of the frame rate. With a frame rate of 25 then your shutter speed should be 50. Now go buy some ND filters so you can get the correct exposure. :>)
Thanks

Reactions: Capn Dave

Quick question...

I set the video to 4k/24fps as you suggested... but ISO is set to auto.... when I set it to manual at 100 and shutter to 50, the picture on my tablet is SUPER DARK.... I can't really see anything.. like the screen dimmed out. But when I put it back to auto... it all seems fine. I am indoors if that makes a difference ( its dark out already )

Also... when I upload in 4k... I have it as the settings as follows in the sofware:

they are produced at 4K - 3840x2160/30p ( 50Mbps)

... any issues with that?

Thanks again

Last edited:
That is right you have to adjust by upping the ISO. you are setting up manual exposure. If you just want to mess around leave it
auto, If you want the cinematic effect then you are going to have to set it up manually. When shooting outdoors you will ne ND filters
and adjust the exposure with them. There is a thing called the histogram in the settings and that shows you how the exposure is caoming
from the camera. You want to adjust it so the peaks are off either end of the histogram.

That is right you have to adjust by upping the ISO. you are setting up manual exposure. If you just want to mess around leave it
auto, If you want the cinematic effect then you are going to have to set it up manually. When shooting outdoors you will ne ND filters
and adjust the exposure with them. There is a thing called the histogram in the settings and that shows you how the exposure is caoming
from the camera. You want to adjust it so the peaks are off either end of the histogram.

thanks for the explanation... once the weather is cooperating, I will give it a shot...

the ND filters.. I take these are specific to each model as well?

Hello again Spazzzzzz,

There are many silter sets available for the Phantom 3 https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Phant...8-4&keywords=nd+filter+phantom+3+professional. This one will fit
every model of the Phantom 3 it's $12.00 these are on the low side of the isle, but I have had good luck with them. There is a green tint
to your videos but that can be taken care of with white Balance. Here is another set on the higher end https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Phant...8-3&keywords=nd+filter+phantom+3+professional These run $50.00. There is still a green tint but it is not as noticeable.
I chose Amazon as they have a fair price without doing a lot of searching. You can also use Adorama Camera or B&J photo., There are highly reputable photographic supplies suppliers. Both have excellent customer service.

Hello again Spazzzzzz,

There are many silter sets available for the Phantom 3 https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Phant...8-4&keywords=nd+filter+phantom+3+professional. This one will fit
every model of the Phantom 3 it's $12.00 these are on the low side of the isle, but I have had good luck with them. There is a green tint
to your videos but that can be taken care of with white Balance. Here is another set on the higher end https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Phant...8-3&keywords=nd+filter+phantom+3+professional These run $50.00. There is still a green tint but it is not as noticeable.
I chose Amazon as they have a fair price without doing a lot of searching. You can also use Adorama Camera or B&J photo., There are highly reputable photographic supplies suppliers. Both have excellent customer service.

Thanks... looking at filters...how funny... was just doing that...lol

Not sure it these will fit my P3SE though... do you know?

They will not fit. You need the adapter to either slide on over the lens or a screw on lens. The size on these is different.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT