Crazy Mystery Crash & DJI Awesomeness!

Had a P2 flyaway and crash and it sounds similar to this. It went crazy fast as it almost crashed out of control on a busy road. I was able to get it up a bit and then it finally crashed in a field. But I guarantee you that it was no where near 80mph. MAYBE if it was 1000' up and lost power...MAYBE it could reach 80mph in freefall, but I'd be willing to bet money that it was no where near that velocity under power. "Almost 80mph" probably means, "I couldn't believe how fast it was going before it crashed!" LOL

Wrote the whole thing up then lost it... now all you get is the video. Sorry... don't feel like typing it again.

Yes I know what I'm doing (built many DJI birds), yes I shouldn't have been over an urban area, yeah yeah yea... check out the video. It's crazy. Almost 80mph on the way back 5mph tail wind. Hit the historic generals house. No damage was being painted so plastic all over it.

Happened 5 flights after the upgrade before the 1.4.1 upgrade. Can't remember the numbers.

DJI did the right thing!!! I think they gave me a brand new P3P. 5 weeks. Wow. I'm a happy camper.

Enjoy.

P.S. Overlay vid doesn't match telemetry exactly because of video jitter.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=c0xVWEItMDZNQkU5VEtzbXNWWHJFT3lXcVhRWWtR
Wow! So I guess there is a SDK modification coming that will allow the P3 to go over 75 MPH.
Can't wait to start racing!

Just joking.....

Glad you got a repaired P3 back!

Did any of you look at the telemetry? It's right there. In the video. If I remember correctly it was going 78 or 79mph. Mr Sky King doesn't seem to understand the concept of gravitational acceleration. What a ridiculous thing to state. At 1000' or 304.8 meters off the ground from 0 mph accelerating at 9.8 meters per second per seconds and forgetting wind resistance for a moment you'd be going 77.29 meters per second or 172.9 mph!!! Let's just for giggles cut that in HALF for wind resistance and round it's still 85 mph! BTW cutting it in half is unrealistic, as an experienced skydiver I know this. It helps to know theses things when your trying not to die. Someone needs to take basic high school physics over again. Heck, I have a feeekin marketing degree and even I can figure that out. I've also build 5 DJI flight controlled drones with the Naza series controllers and it's entirely possible to make them go that fast if you know how to tweak the pro settings. You'd never do that because the battery would die too fast but it's possible. To think my P3 hit those speeds based on the telemetry, video etc is completely reasonable. Please engage your brains before firing off silly statements that don't even make sense.

At least u got a new one that nice of them. Does it have the new star shaped motors on?

Received my P3P yesterday direct from DJI California.

It has the new motors, that's a good thing right? What did they improve in comparison to the older motors?

Received my P3P yesterday direct from DJI California.

It has the new motors, that's a good thing right? What did they improve in comparison to the older motors?
Sorry. I think you misread the conclusion. It does not have the new motors. To your question why are the new motors better? I have no idea. Probably more efficiency

Sorry. I think you misread the conclusion. It does not have the new motors. To your question why are the new motors better? I have no idea. Probably more efficiency
Oops... Apparently it was I who misread. :)

Mine acted up a little like that, then steadily got worse until I didn't trust it and sent it in. They said it was the main board (and an LED light). Sent it back in 3 weeks total and I haven't had any problems. HealthyDrones seemed to suggest a problem with the compass, but if the main board was broken then who knows what was up.

Glad you got it back and it was fixed. How did you sync the video and flight log videos together? That's super cool.
I used Adobe Premiere Pro. Wasn't too hard but the video isn't perfect with all it's skipping so they don't line up perfectly.

I have a hard time believing 80mph w/only a 5mph tail wind. Doesn't seem to add up to me. I really don't think they are capable of that kind of speed unless there is something I don't know about.

Okay... once and for all. Here is the proof from healthydrones.com, besides my own personal experience, that when it malfunctioned it most definitely ALMOST hit 80mph... 78.79mph to be exact.

Also, notice in pic #2 that I have a battery drain warning yet I supposedly landed/lost contact with it with 51% of the battery left.... hmmmm......

crash evidence 1.JPG
crash evidence 2.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik