Crashed. Photos and request for advice.

If it is just the antenna jack on your wifi module which is damaged, it can be repaired. As long as it didn't lift the traces off of the circuit board, a hot-air reflow tool can be used to safely remove and replace the antenna connector.

If you're not familiar with surface mount soldering, it would be worthwhile to seek assistance from the wonderful drone repair guys who post here.

gaspimp said:
If it is just the antenna jack on your wifi module which is damaged, it can be repaired. As long as it didn't lift the traces off of the circuit board, a hot-air reflow tool can be used to safely remove and replace the antenna connector.

If you're not familiar with surface mount soldering, it would be worthwhile to seek assistance from the wonderful drone repair guys who post here.

I agree ... any of them based in UK?

ok I now have 4 new ESCs (2.1 of course). I'll replace them all in the broken frame and prove I can get it to start (no props) before I embark on getting wifi and camera to work and FINALLY moving it all to the new body.

PROGRESS!!

I've replaced the ESCs in situ (in the crashed body for now) and it powers on ok. Phew. Of course there's still plenty to sort out, but it's progress.

On power up I'm getting a single repeating yellow flash, about 1 per second. If I try a CSC on the sticks I get 4 red flashes, then back to 1Y/sec. Can anyone help identify this?

I'm recording things as I go and will produce a reusable plan for rebuilding into a new body shell, hopefully someone else in the same position might benefit from lessons learned.

Last edited:
It really sounds as though you're heading in the right direction with this so far, as I really can't understand after doing such a fine job replacing the hardcore wiring and preliminary tests taken, what could have possibly caused the crash to occur in the first place.
Having said that, who can say what lurks within the electrics of these models.
I was thinking how difficult isolating what may have been compromised just prior to the crash, and then as a result of the crash can be, but in any regard I would attempt to eliminate all that was not absolutely necessary to power up the motors, eg disconnect the Wi-Fi Tx module for one, as it could have been damaged internally in addition to that one connector, and shorting something out.
I would look at replacing the battery with another as well, you never know maybe something is up with that too. If you can establish if the motors and esc's are functioning OK, then you can move on from there to other various parts. You may even be able to use the assistant to run some further tests and calibrations once you at least get it powered up.

All the best with your efforts, and if all else fails there are some top notched technicians on board who I'm sure can personally take it a step further for you should you desire.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd