Crashed P4 Adv

Reaction score
Hello, I had a problem with the voltage of the battery of my Phantom 4 Adv and I ended up falling at the moment of landing to 130 meters of height. At the time of the electrical stop, the system stopped recording the flight record of my DJI 4 GO. My Phantom was for analysis in the DJI Defects Department and they claim that nothing wrong happened and that it is a road accident. They analyzed the flight record and found nothing ... Well, they did not find anything because the system itself stopped recording and of course nothing would appear in flight logs. I'm outraged at DJI's position on my Phantom ... Has anyone ever had a similar situation?
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-18 at 18.03.06.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-07-18 at 09.06.29.jpeg

Don’t expect help from DJI support. I found out the hard way that it is the owner’s responsibility to provide them with the flight logs! My Phantom 4 flipped upside down and power dived into the ground and I fought DJI for a month trying to get them to at least tell me what and how it happened. They used excuse after excuse to avoid having to do so. I still don’t have a clue though I did prove to them that a properly operating Phantom can’t be made to go inverted. They ignored it. So expect the worst from them. I’ll never send anything to them even if it is in warranty.

Good luck. Keep us posted to what you find out!

Jim
WA5TEF

My Phantom was for analysis in the DJI Defects Department and they claim that nothing wrong happened and that it is a road accident.
When was this photo taken. Before or after you sent to DJI? The flight logs on the app will definitely stop, but there is another on board file as well. Looking at the electrical burn in's it may have stopped as well. Yet another case of a P4 dropping from the sky for no apparent reason, but this is something new and different......Hmmmmm.......

Yes how could they not see that,unsure if that relate to batt clip failure but it has moved in flight somehow causing it short out I'm thinking,,,I would send picture to dji again ,that's not pilot error,,Hassel them nicely and don't stop,,sad to see p4 like this,,,

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
What is that burnt contact on the battery? Was it there before the fall?

Don’t expect help from DJI support. I found out the hard way that it is the owner’s responsibility to provide them with the flight logs! My Phantom 4 flipped upside down and power dived into the ground and I fought DJI for a month trying to get them to at least tell me what and how it happened. They used excuse after excuse to avoid having to do so. I still don’t have a clue though I did prove to them that a properly operating Phantom can’t be made to go inverted. They ignored it. So expect the worst from them. I’ll never send anything to them even if it is in warranty.

Good luck. Keep us posted to what you find out!

Jim
WA5TEF

Ok Jim, thanks for the words, I'm also disappointed with them.

When was this photo taken. Before or after you sent to DJI? The flight logs on the app will definitely stop, but there is another on board file as well. Looking at the electrical burn in's it may have stopped as well. Yet another case of a P4 dropping from the sky for no apparent reason, but this is something new and different......Hmmmmm.......

Fly Dawg, this picture was taken before sending it to DJI. According to my salesperson this is not something new, sometimes it can happen. Thank you.

Yes how could they not see that,unsure if that relate to batt clip failure but it has moved in flight somehow causing it short out I'm thinking,,,I would send picture to dji again ,that's not pilot error,,Hassel them nicely and don't stop,,sad to see p4 like this,,,

I even have the video of the log that I sent from my cell phone. He did not move strangely in a moment. My P4 just crashed when I was landing. Shut off in the air at 130 meters. The battery was still charged. I did not have any error messages on the screen and this was also sent to them. Thank you.

If you can power up the aircraft and extract the DAT file then it will probably have a record of the last 100 ms or so that will show the power failure occurring. Definitely worth a look.

Aircraft V3 DAT file: How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File from the AC

sar104, I sent aircraft to them and they did it, but they took responsibility for me. Simply absurd with consumers. I disapprove the DJI support.

but they took responsibility for me.
We can generally give you the information before you send the aircraft in. Too bad it wasn't posted previously. This would have given you a bit of "leverage". As I mentioned previously there have been quite a few P4's simply fall from the sky, but this one has some physical evidence as opposed to only the data files which indicate similarly with a shutdown in mid air.

Look, this was the exact moment of the fall when the record stopped and P4 crashed.

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-18 at 11.35.42.jpeg

We can generally give you the information before you send the aircraft in. Too bad it wasn't posted previously. This would have given you a bit of "leverage". As I mentioned previously there have been quite a few P4's simply fall from the sky, but this one has some physical evidence as opposed to only the data files which indicate similarly with a shutdown in mid air.

I understand, a shame, but I'll still try some feature.

Look, this was the exact moment of the fall when the record stopped and P4 crashed.
That tells me nothing. If possible and you still have the flight log on your tablet or phone. Upload that to the link below. It most likely will not tell us much, but possibly. The aircraft file would be better but it is something to go by. Place a link back here to the upload if you do.

Log Viewer

this was the exact moment of the fall when the record stopped and P4 crashed.
This shows the location as here, correct? If you upload the data file, it is possible, though I grant you remotely so, to locate a probable cause. If you thoroughly reviewed the data, it is also possible that you missed something. The only way to completely review this is by .csv line by line.
Brazil_1.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl