Crashed in water

Reaction score
Hello! I was filming some river footage behind my tubing company and struck a tree branch. The drone fell into the water and was under about 20 minutes.

I got it home and took it apart cleaning it with distilled water and putting a air fan on it for a couple days then put it back together. Today I powered it up and see what all is wrong with it. It seems one propeller motor isn’t working which I believe is an easy fix. But the gimbal and camera didn’t move at all once I turned the drone on. I didn’t see any live video on my screen so I’m assuming the camera is shot.

I’ve read the yaw motor could be bad and possibly some other issues. Is there anything I can do before sending it to DJI? Also I read it it has water damage DJI won’t repair. Is this true?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello! I was filming some river footage behind my tubing company and struck a tree branch. The drone fell into the water and was under about 20 minutes.

I got it home and took it apart cleaning it with distilled water and putting a air fan on it for a couple days then put it back together. Today I powered it up and see what all is wrong with it. It seems one propeller motor isn’t working which I believe is an easy fix. But the gimbal and camera didn’t move at all once I turned the drone on. I didn’t see any live video on my screen so I’m assuming the camera is shot.

I’ve read the yaw motor could be bad and possibly some other issues. Is there anything I can do before sending it to DJI? Also I read it it has water damage DJI won’t repair. Is this true?

Any help would be appreciated!

I called DJI last week about a repair and they said that they weren't taking in any new repairs at the moment. I fixed the issue myself, hopefully. You could try DJI Drone Service - Your Drone Repair Shop, I've heard good things about them. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4