Could this be made possible. I do like comfort

Reaction score
HI all.

I have a Phantom that came with the Live View set up and it worls very well. Now being retired and getting on a bit I do have a little vision problem and find that the 7 inch Diversity monitor is great but I would like something bigger.
So I dragged out my old LapTop which can be connected out of the AV out on the monitor. Great, but like most or all laptops they suffer in broad daylight and so need some sort of shield. I can make one out of cardboard as the ready made ones are a bit OTT moneywise, but then I got to thinking.

Is it possible to extend the distance from the white Controller to the Antenna and also the same for thet wo anteannae on the monitor. It would then be possible to have (Hang) a shelf on the backs of the front seats in the car and by sitting in great comfort in the back of the car with the laptop in the shade and fly from there with the spotter outside just in case.

So the Antennae would be out in the open say on top of the car and NO interference then to the controller and monitor IN the car. I assume some sort of co-ax cable might do it, but I would like to see if some person more expert in this field could offer some advice.

Thanks in advance

POTO.

Hi Tanasit
Many thanks for your help. It is much appreciated. If you can sort out the Phantom TX extension thing it will help a lot.

I was also thinking that a REPEATER just outside the vehicle might be another way. The signal from the Phantom controller would be within a couple of feet of the repeater. One inside the vehicle and the repeater outside to send on the signal on.

Cheers

POTO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31