Could fly aways be related to battery life ?

Reaction score
I've had quite a few incidents over the past few months where my P2 hasn't behaved as it should, often resulting in me initiating fail-safe and fortunately getting it back!

One thing I've noticed is that this never happens in the first 5-7 mins of flying when the battery is fresh. If I experience strange behaviour its appears to be after 10 mins when I guess battery life is starting to deteriorate.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed this ?

Describe the incidents and strange behavior please.
This will help.

All the on-board electronics are powered by voltage regulation of 3.3 or 5.5vdc.

However as [batt.] voltage drops the real notice would be in the dropping of motor RPM. (BLDC motor RPM is directly related to voltage.) As this happens the FC adjusts for this by increasing 'throttle' for the motors to maintain hover.

At some point you'd reach a voltage that the FC can no longer compensate for the reduced voltage with throttle and the craft would lose altitude and possibly attitude depending on the conditions.
But the P2 has a 'hidden third low battery threshold' of 10.65Vdc. When that is reached it will initiate a fail-safe condition.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31