Copper Parabolic Booster works with DJI Phantom 3 SE controller?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just ordered on of those cheap copper parabolic booster to increase the range of the wifi-signal. Now I just read that this little device does not work with the 3 SE... It had something to do with the controller if I remember correctly.

Does anybody has experience with this? How were the results?

Thank you!
B.

I had one also but it didn't improve the range or anything else. The antennas that connects to the aircraft is hidden inside the controller and the one outside the controller is for connection between mobile device and the remote. First time i tried it i tought it worked but further testing proved me that it is not working on Phantom 3 SE. At least this is the experience i have.

Reactions: The Epitaph
I had one also but it didn't improve the range or anything else. The antennas that connects to the aircraft is hidden inside the controller and the one outside the controller is for connection between mobile device and the remote. First time i tried it i tought it worked but further testing proved me that it is not working on Phantom 3 SE. At least this is the experience i have.

Thank you very much for your reply. I already cancelled my purchase ;). I need my drone to fly about 1,5 km away from me (in FCC mode of course). Is the P3 SE capable of doing that? What is your experience?

My personal best is about 300m and im in europe stuck with CE mode at the moment. But i believe that it is totally possible to fly 1,5km but you are gonna need some good conditions, no interference etc. Safe Flying! :);)

My personal best is about 300m and im in europe stuck with CE mode at the moment. But i believe that it is totally possible to fly 1,5km but you are gonna need some good conditions, no interference etc. Safe Flying! :);)

It's going to be in a desert. So i guess that interference shouldn't be a problem?

I just ordered on of those cheap copper parabolic booster to increase the range of the wifi-signal. Now I just read that this little device does not work with the 3 SE... It had something to do with the controller if I remember correctly.

Does anybody has experience with this? How were the results?
It's hard to imagine any reason why it wouldn't work.
It should have the same effect as it does on any other Phantom.

The antennas that connects to the aircraft is hidden inside the controller and the one outside the controller is for connection between mobile device and the remote.
That's incorrect.
Whoever told you that had no idea what they were on about.
The external antenna is the only antenna that communicates with the Phantom.
The link from the controller to tablet is via wifi.

That's incorrect.

So what is it now? I have no idea what or who to believe anymore... :s

It's going to be in a desert. So i guess that interference shouldn't be a problem?

Where in the dessert of Egypt do you wanna fly? There are a lot of no fly zones (the local authorities are afraid of any kind of attacks). Why 1500 meters? 300 meters dessert sand is the same as 1500 meters.

For me is your story a little strange. In another topic you wrote that your drone is already there. That sounds a little strange to me. You have a lot of questions in a short time. What are your plans?

Where in the dessert of Egypt do you wanna fly? There are a lot of no fly zones (the local authorities are afraid of any kind of attacks). Why 1500 meters? 300 meters dessert sand is the same as 1500 meters.

For me is your story a little strange. In another topic you wrote that your drone is already there. That sounds a little strange to me. You have a lot of questions in a short time. What are your plans?
Hi there,

I have no idea yet. But i would definitely like to view some Pyramids (not the one in Gizah). The reason i want to be 1500m is that i rather want to be on a safe distance, because as you said not everywhere is allowed to fly. I just want to be sure about it, that’s why i ask so many questions . I’m not an experienced pilot like you.

Kind regard. B.

I can’t see a reflector helping with r

That's incorrect.
Are you sure about this Meta? It seems with the SE DJI were using up parts. It’s a bit of a mixed breed. Yes it is wifi to the tablet/phone however the AC has an OFDM board (like the P3 advanced/pro). Those who have tested have found the internal patch antennas that were used for the video downlink in the standard now perform the lightbridge connection while the external antenna, as ridiculous as it sounds, now does nothing more than provide for the wifi connection to your phone/tablet.

Are you sure about this Meta?
Those who have tested have found the internal patch antennas that were used for the video downlink in the standard now perform the lightbridge connection while the external antenna, as ridiculous as it sounds, now does nothing more than provide for the wifi connection to your phone/tablet.
Sorry, I haven't tested the SE so I'll take your word for that.
You're right. That sounds really strange and completely different from the way any other DJI drone works.

Sorry, I haven't tested the SE so I'll take your word for that.
You're right. That sounds really strange and completely different from the way any other DJI drone works.
I’m not sure either Meta (haven’t tested). I’m genuinely interested. The consensus from earlier discussion following the SE release was that the internal latch antennas handled the link to the AC.

I’m not sure either Meta (haven’t tested). I’m genuinely interested. The consensus from earlier discussion following the SE release was that the internal latch antennas handled the link to the AC.

The wire of my external antenna is broken but under that condition I flew yesterday about 1.100 meters. So I’ll keep the broken antenna. That nice cup of plastic works good for the P3S but not for the P3SE.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164