Copilot

What a bunch of tight wads, you have well over $1500 to $2000 in you drone, batteries and cases and whine about a $40 app that has the appearace of being wonderful. If $40 dollars for an app is too stiff for you, you have problems elsewhere. I have downloaded the app and played with it on my Ipad Air II and if it does what it is supposed to do, it's worth more than $40. Wow, $40, give me a break fellas.

Bill, it's about the principle of it. If the app gives me value, I'd paid even more than $40. It seems that people are complaining more about the value/cost proposition than anything else. They're simply not coming to the same conclusion that you are. You bought it and you think it's worth more than $40 to you - that's awesome! Most others do not think that. It has nothing to do with being a tightwad.

Reactions: storrowdrive
I think the biggest issue here is having to shell out $40 to give the app a go. I think they will be much more successful if they release it as a free app with some big limitations and offer an in app purchase to unlock all the features.

Reactions: reboot81
Ok...so I just went and read the "preferred closing speed" section of the manual and I now understand what is happening. Thanks for helping me out!
For other readers here, this is the pertinent sentence in Flight School:
When the control changes from green to red, this indicates that Autopilot will prefer faster speeds over positional accuracy.

Reactions: Tony Perry
Bill, it's about the principle of it. If the app gives me value, I'd paid even more than $40. It seems that people are complaining more about the value/cost proposition than anything else. They're simply not coming to the same conclusion that you are. You bought it and you think it's worth more than $40 to you - that's awesome! Most others do not think that. It has nothing to do with being a tightwad.
I understand what you're saying but you can say that about anything, like is "Taco Bell a good value for your money"? For me it isn't, but you don't hear me whining about it, I just don't frequent Taco Bell. The same goes here, if you don't like it or can't afford it, don't buy it, but quit your bitchin.

Reactions: pchin2
I reserve my right to ***** about stuff in here. It does look like a fun app to play with, but not $40 worth of fun.

Speaking of copilot, anyone notice this resemblance between their founder and the south park character Kip Drordy?

XGyRLQT.jpg

It is pretty amazing that a few folks can get their head around making an application like this.
I'm on my second phantom and feel I've accomplished something whenever successfully updating fw or such,
Without these developers we would still be drawing circles in the sand with a sharpened stick for amusement

I've used it and I'm sold. It is the first app I've found that truly does way point navigation. I am not in a 3D map area. You point to a spot on the map, use your fingers to rotate the map to orient the bird how you want, set the altitude, and move on. It works on key frames. Once you figure out that the keyframe is the point of view of the camera, it's easy. I've flown about seven flight with it now with no issue. I set the course I want the bird to fly, setting the orientation/heading at each waypoint, then set the altitude. Fly the mission in C Mode and you have full control of the camera and yaw. You can take full control at any time.

The whiners that dis the app have not really figured out how to use the app. This app allows me to set a full mission of waypoints, headings and altitude, then launch the bird and all I have to do is control the camera. It does what the DJI GO app should have done from the start.

It is fully worth the price.

In addition, unlike DJI, the FreeSkies folks are very available. The respond within minutes to questions on their forum.

I looked at Autopilot. No doubt it is an outstanding app. I could never figure it out. Copilot is simple and works.

Kevin

Reactions: pchin2
It seems to be almost in beta. You require to have developer firmware in the copter, TX and lipos for it to work. Interesting app though but i will sitback until it works on the regular firmware and the maps are fullt implemented.
All Apps require SDK developer firmware, that is the requirement for an app to work with DJI SDK.

I've used it and I'm sold. It is the first app I've found that truly does way point navigation. I am not in a 3D map area. You point to a spot on the map, use your fingers to rotate the map to orient the bird how you want, set the altitude, and move on. It works on key frames. Once you figure out that the keyframe is the point of view of the camera, it's easy. I've flown about seven flight with it now with no issue. I set the course I want the bird to fly, setting the orientation/heading at each waypoint, then set the altitude. Fly the mission in C Mode and you have full control of the camera and yaw. You can take full control at any time.

The whiners that dis the app have not really figured out how to use the app. This app allows me to set a full mission of waypoints, headings and altitude, then launch the bird and all I have to do is control the camera. It does what the DJI GO app should have done from the start.

In addition, unlike DJI, the FreeSkies folks are very available. The respond within minutes to questions on their forum.

I looked at Autopilot. No doubt it is an outstanding app. I could never figure it out. Copilot is simple and works.

Kevin

I live in a non 3D map area also. So that app will still work?

Kevin
So I took the plunge as well and have the app
When I try to joing the forum I have trouble registering, how did you register
Bruce

Kevin

I'm with you there about autopilot, i use Litchi and i'm fine with that but Autopilot just feels too complex to work out. I always have to refer back to the help file and even that doesn't really give you have to use the sliders etc. Just have to set and test for me and i'm quite computer savy.

Hey guys, we just wanted to let you know that you can try the FreeSkies CoPilot, FREE on the app store. Create missions in 3D, preview your flights, and fly manually. For a $19.95 USD in app purchase, you can launch the missions in 3 autonomous modes.

Want to try it out first? Sign up for a 14-Day Free Trial. Just head over to FreeSkies CoPilot - Autonomous iOS App for Drones. *Only for new users.

I'll hold off on Copilot until they get out of their "paid beta". That is, I may reconsider when they figure out how to deploy their app on stock firmware.
Hey Tony,

We are happy to announce that CoPilot is now compatible with public firmware. Just download and start flying! Let us know what you think!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl