Cooling fan question

Reaction score
My original P4 was manufactured May 2016, and I purchased it from DJI in Sept 2016. I had to return it to DJI in May 2017 due to VPS errors, and they sent me what appears to be a new P4 under warranty, and the manufacture date of the new P4 is Jan 2017. I say new, because nowhere on the box did it say 'refurbished', and the S/N does not indicate that it is a refurbished unit.

On my original P4, when I started it and left it running for any amount of time - with motors off, such as an IMU calibration - I noticed that the cooling fan would occasionally increase its RPM, presumably to maintain a certain temperature. My new P4 does not do this, but rather, the fan maintains a constant RPM that is about the speed of the original P4's fan when it was running at its slower speed.

I have had it out on fairly hot days, and I have never gotten any warnings about it overheating, so I'm wondering if this is just simply due to a slight change in design.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Never heard design was changed from/to variable speed like laptops. Maybe your original P4 had an issue with the fan or it's voltage, as speed expected to be constant. Sure fan can increase RPM slightly along the run but not too much.

Ah. Interesting. So maybe the original had an issue. It definitely had variable fan speed when it sat, and I never questioned it until the new did not.

Reactions: RémyHeli

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31