Converting Phantom 2 to F550? Do-able?

I am running a Naza V2 in both a F550 and Tarot 680. At one point I had a Naza Lite in the F550.

cosmonaut said:
I am running a Naza V2 in both a F550 and Tarot 680. At one point I had a Naza Lite in the F550.
I'm working on a F550 build, and have a Phantom 1 which I'm not using anymore. It has the Naza "Multirotor" controller in it (red case). I figured, why not use what I've got and save some money, if the work and potential frustration is worth the savings?

That said, I have the original radio which is bound to the P1 receiver, which in turn plugs in directly to the Naza controller. So, I can lift the receiver out of the P1, install it and the antenna on the F550, and I should be good to go. I don't have to go out and buy a receiver or transmitter.

My stumbling block is what to do about the GPS and compass-as we all know, the compass is mounted on one of the legs of the P1, and the GPS board is located inside the top part of the body. The new Naza system available for sale has a compass and GPS as part of one unit, sort of looks like a hockey puck. How would I duplicate that on my build? I'd hate to throw away what I assume to be a perfectly good compass and GPS if I don't have to.

Has anyone else ever done this? Mounting the GPS is easy to figure out, but where would one mount the compass?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj