Controller problem, GL300C

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

I was trying out a controller from a scrapper yesterday and ran into some problems. I do not know if the controller worked prior to this as I have not paired it to anything yet

The go app said an update was required and from memory either 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 was downloaded and the instal started, it failed and crashed.
After a (C1 +C2 + record button +camera settings 'button') reset I got back to the "start the instal" screen and had another attempt at the instal, it failed at just over 1% and reported a hardware error, some sort of 4-letter controller error and some other hardware error. I disconnected the joysticks and all the buttons excluding the on/off and RTH button and tried again, no luck.
Some googling suggested a rollback of the firmware might fix the problem but when I look at the roll back screen there is no version to roll back too. Aside from that there was, I think, a message that it is impossible to roll back after 1.9.2 .....BUT.....it indicated that the current version was 1.8.something.
Even allowing for it being, by then, VERY late in the night I found it confusing that, going by the 'can't roll back' message, something presumably seems to think 1.9.something is installed and, as a consequence no roll back is available, yet something else thinks 1.8.something is installed.

I had one final look at the instal screen and it was still saying that either 1.9.2 or 1.9.3 had been downloaded and was available for instal, so I went to bed.

I realise that it could be a real hardware error and the mainboard is kaput but, just in case it is not a real hardware error, I am wondering
1) where is the downloaded but uninstalled update stored?
2) Can I somehow put an earlier firmware version on a memory card and via a reader and the USB port somehow force the main board to install that version or something similar via the micro USB port?

If you want photos of the screens and I was not half asleep and dreaming I will get them

Thanks

I'm not the pro you are looking for, but I have a question. You are updating your RC firmware using USB to a PC running DJI assistant 2, correct?

What did DJI go4 ask you to update. The app or the firmware? Usually, it tells you an update is available but it’s not necessary to do it. Does Go4 turn on? If so, try linking anyway, if you can get the link ‘ok’ button to work, in RC settings in the app. I’ve updated firmware on a 300C and 300E, using Assistant 2. Had to, no choice. Have not updated the GO4 app when prompted. Hope I haven’t confused you more. Good luck.

Last edited:
Questions #1 and #2

It’s my understanding, The chosen firmware update downloads from DJI Assistant 2, to a file on your PC. From there, it uploads and installs on you RC. Just won’t work using WiFi, need micro usb connection otherwise, so slow, it will disconnect or stop. That’s all I know. If the problem is mechanical or internal hopefully someone here can help you.

Last edited:
I am using the go app and only the go app P3 adv or pro.
I assumed it was referring to the controller but from memory it didn't make it clear. Aside from anything else the go app version is 3.1.52 and only perhaps 2 or 3 month old and works without complaint on any P3 adv or pro that I have tried.
The firmware was a direct wifi download via my phone's wifi, the phone connects to the controller via a USB 3 cable and at the moment my computer has not been involved in the process.

That said I have downloaded old versions of the firmware to my computer as a library (source = DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help) . Having just gone back to that page I see there are some article titles there that might be relevant .

Had to chuckle. I am So used to the 300C being used with the P4S / Adv. Using the GO4 app on my devices. GO4 app is version 4.3.24. Makes a difference what series of Phantoms you are linking to. I believe that the P3P also could use the GO4 app. If you want to change RC firmware, use your PC and get what you want, for GL300C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20