Controller not reconnecting automatically after signal lost and RTH initiated

Reaction score
In the past, whenever I've lost signal and the drone heads home, it has reconnected to my controller as soon as signal strength allowed. However, for the past year or so, my controller won't reconnect automatically. I can only regain the signal if I turn it off and on. It's a pain in the backside. This same issue has continued with two different P4Pro's.

Does anyone else experience this problem or know what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.

Ok think I gave you SRTH stop
This from manual ........dont you get a X onscreen you can press to cancel ..........2 is telling us it could be your settings,RTH,,HOVER,,OR LAND WHERE IT IS ,,check all these and see if ok,,yes in past if signal lost it used to regain control by the remote so not know what has changed,,relink it mayby,,
Screenshot_20201024-213003_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your responses. The problem I have is not automatically regaining the connection once it is lost and drone comes back in range. If I do nothing the drone will just continue its RTH. If I reset the controller (off & on) I can once again pick up the signal and cancel RTH if I wish. What this means in practice is that I lose time in control of my drone that I otherwise would have.

Thanks for your responses. The problem I have is not automatically regaining the connection once it is lost and drone comes back in range. If I do nothing the drone will just continue its RTH. If I reset the controller (off & on) I can once again pick up the signal and cancel RTH if I wish. What this means in practice is that I lose time in control of my drone that I otherwise would have.
Yeh very annoying any loss of control, I understand what your saying and it's odd to turn remote off and on to get choice to regain full control, are you using new latest djigo4 app,,could try a reinstall OR do you have LITCHI app,,its 3rd party but very good,,you might have better result ,,worth a try,,its not free but once you buy it it's yours for life,talks to you aswell
I bit crook so I check back soon see what's new

On the return to home, do you regain telemetry? Or nothing. Does only ‘loss of signal’ cause this RTH problem, or same if you initiating it? As mentioned, a Litchi device (borrow?) might help to eliminate software or firmware, as the cause. Interesting case. Weirder with 2

Thanks for responding. No equipment changes apart from the replacement drone body - problem ongoing.

@Capt KO It's not a 'RTH problem' per se. The drone performs as expected... signal loss due to distance or obstruction initiates RTH, drone returns. My controller simply fails to reconnect to the drone as it comes back into range. That is, until I reset the controller (while the drone is returning), at which point I regain full control.

Was just wondering if telemetry, without video, comes back on during auto RTH. Apparently not. When manually initiating RTH, does your screen stay on? Should be no difference either way. Same remote used on both drones?

A bit more info on this please.
I've had two different drone bodies over the period of this problem occurring. My previous drone crashed into the sea - sudden loss of power. Same controller & tablet.

Was just wondering if telemetry, without video, comes back on during auto RTH. Apparently not. When manually initiating RTH, does your screen stay on? Should be no difference either way. Same remote used on both drones?
I guess I'd have to check the flight log to know if flight data is being recorded - which I haven't done. Yes, the screen stays on per normal when I manually initiate RTH.

I'm wondering if the order in which I turn on my drone, controller & DJIGo app has anything to do with it? I think I usually open the app, turn on the drone and then the controller - which usually fails to connect - until I reset the controller again. I'll have to experiment...

I'm wondering if the order in which I turn on my drone, controller & DJIGo app has anything to do with it? I think I usually open the app, turn on the drone and then the controller - which usually fails to connect - until I reset the controller again. I'll have to experiment...
It's usually recommended to start the controller first but like my question next probably isn't the issue but do you have a custom radio channel selected or using Auto? Is there a firmware update for the controller that could be applied?

Yes, I have the latest DJIGo app installed. I could try reinstalling. I'm not ready to switch to LITCHI, as my current drone is still under warranty.

Thanks for your help.
That's cool but many use this app and yes to eliminate software of dji causing this there no harm in trying,you can change back to dji at anytime,,only way your warranty in void if you crash using litchi cause dji dont support 3rd party apps,its very stable app and safe and some cases works better than dji app having less issues,,it has voice feedback of all information onscreen ,battery, speed,distance, alerts,which is very handy,give it a try your drone might perform normal,,well it is apart from RTH issues with remote,shouldn't have to turn off and on to regain control,,also give your remote a stick calibration incase something there not right

It's usually recommended to start the controller first but like my question next probably isn't the issue but do you have a custom radio channel selected or using Auto? Is there a firmware update for the controller that could be applied?

No custom radio channel selected and firmware up to date. Will focus on my start-up order (controller first) and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help.

No custom radio channel selected and firmware up to date. Will focus on my start-up order (controller first) and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help.
Yip remote on first all the time,you wouldn't start a rc plane with the remote off,,I just think its safest way for most rc,if I dont turn remote for rc car on ,,when motor starts the servo goes full throttle and it's off, phantom wont do this but just example of remote on first ,,yes I've had my rc do a runner ,36cc rovan 2 stroke,wont do that again lol

Reactions: RotorWash_UAV

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers