controller firmware upgrade ... did it work?

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 2.00.16 PM.png
Has anyone had this happen?

I don't have a usb adapter to upgrade my controller so I used the supplied cable and left the micro sd inside the phantom 3 professional camera

I powered on both the phantom and the controller

The controller started the upgrade process as normal, the light switched from green to blue and it did its thing

Within the alloted time it stopped beeping signaling that the upgrade was complete.

So far, so good.

Then I reinserted the micro SD card into my computer to see the .txt files to check for the "success" message

Instead of generating two files it only generated one.

That one said: result "success" at the top

and then it said "abort" right below it with a message that says:

"the firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft"

(See screenshot of the message)

By all accounts it looks like the controller was upgraded except I don't have the two files the process is supposed to generate.

Of course I am flying nothing until I hear some advice.

Many thanks and hello from Costa Rica!

That file looks like the one for the p3 not the remote. If I remember right the file with RX will be for the remote.

So I just "live chatted" with DJI and they said that the firmware upgrade is successful and complete. I am keeping my fingers crossed and I also did screenshots of all their messages to me in case of a mishap I have documentation about their advice.

If anyone else has this problem they said to check the
"settings, about" part of the app. If the Firmware version is the most current then it's ok.

I wish I had more faith in these guys!!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

That file looks like the one for the p3 not the remote. If I remember right the file with RX will be for the remote.

so it seems like in my case, fingers crossed, the upgrade was done successfully, it just failed to generate the two .txt files confirming as much. I wonder if it was because I connected the SD micro card to the controller via the Phantom. They work in mysterious ways!

so it seems like in my case, fingers crossed, the upgrade was done successfully, it just failed to generate the two .txt files confirming as much. I wonder if it was because I connected the SD micro card to the controller via the Phantom. They work in mysterious ways!
Just take it slow and don't fly too high or too far until you are sure everything is operation properly. 10 flights should pretty well dial you in and give verification that everything is working properly.

Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1