Controller battery

Mine lasts a long time, I don't know for sure because I have never tested it or anything, but I can fly at least 15-20 full batteries before I even need to think about recharging the RC

Mine lasts a long time, I don't know for sure because I have never tested it or anything, but I can fly at least 15-20 full batteries before I even need to think about recharging the RC

Would you recommend the plus model? Is the extra money worth it? Just trying to work out how much better it is vs using my galaxy tablet and phone.

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Thank you. I am new to this and thought that the percentage I see on the screen is for the controller, as opposed to the drone’s battery.

Would you recommend the plus model? Is the extra money worth it? Just trying to work out how much better it is vs using my galaxy tablet and phone.

The +’s screen in much smaller than that of a tablet. It’s almost identical to a phone. But it’s nice and bright, and you have one less cable and device to worry about. I’m happy with my decision to buy that over the regular Pro.

For me the plus has worked well, and I like not having any extra cables to hook things up, and for me there seems to be some stability having the dedicated device. Having said that, the Android is far behind the iOS app I think, you can't run third party apps (like Litchi etc), and it is $300 extra for a device that has no other purpose in life. In hindsight I probably would have gotten the non plus version, but that ship has sailed.

I have both controllers and when I'm not utilizing a third party app for mapping, I always relink the + controller and use that as it is faster on startup, brighter, and appears to have less lag than my other controller while utilizing my android phone.

So I am big fan of the PRO PLUS controller.

Number one reason is that I have yet to have the software crash on me , and this is a big plus as many that have used there android or iphone and even ipad complain of crashes in the software.

The downside is you cannot use third party apps such as litchi and a few other ones. The other downside is you can record the screen, we pray for that to change someday.

If you ever had to deal with DJI when you have a problem if they see you were using a third party app they have an easy escape route.
I had one fly away from a bad update from DJI and they required a lot of information from me, they wanted to know every aspect trying to get out of the claim.

Of course the screen is nice and bright , but if the sun is tennesse bright , you still are not going to see much on the screen, but its better than anything else , with the exception of getting a hood.

Now we make the {Phantomrain Wetsuits and the Pro Plus has done extremely well in the torrential rain so this is another plus for us.

The Pro Plus also has this feature that no one rarely talks about but it records audio of the flight from the controller with the video that you are flying with , DJI also wanted to hear that on my fly away.

So I am a fan of the Pro Plus and it is so easy to take just the two units and be ready to go without any cords or worry that your phone may be dying ,

Its got to be the easiest way to go , this is me waiting for the mega storm over the lake that never came , so disappointing as the rain just barely sprinkled.

With the Phantom Wetsuit we fly fearlessly now into any weather storm , but sadly no storms to be found in Ohio were having incredible weather.

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 1.57.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 2.01.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 2.02.30 PM.png

mockup.gif

My controller has gone nuts and I think its a battery issue. I put my drone to bed uncharged after a short flight. After 1 day I took it out and the controller battery check showed no bars, zero battery. I charged it overnight, and when I started it up, the status light rapidly blinked red and it made a loud beeping. The screen gives me several different warning. If I calibrate the controller it will stop, but if I turn it off and back on, the problem returns. It also occasionally tells me "abnormal firmware." Any ideas?

My controller has gone nuts and I think its a battery issue. I put my drone to bed uncharged after a short flight. After 1 day I took it out and the controller battery check showed no bars, zero battery. I charged it overnight, and when I started it up, the status light rapidly blinked red and it made a loud beeping. The screen gives me several different warning. If I calibrate the controller it will stop, but if I turn it off and back on, the problem returns. It also occasionally tells me "abnormal firmware." Any ideas?

As you may know each battery has its own firmware that needs to be updated, sometime the firmware can get corrupted and you may have to update the battery firmware again or switch to a new battery if it will not come on board.

When we buy new batteries we always test them out first with the DJI firmware as not all batteries are good and we send the ones that dont update back and replace them . Getting a good battery is key also.

As you may know each battery has its own firmware that needs to be updated, sometime the firmware can get corrupted and you may have to update the battery firmware again or switch to a new battery if it will not come on board.

When we buy new batteries we always test them out first with the DJI firmware as not all batteries are good and we send the ones that dont update back and replace them . Getting a good battery is key also.
How do you change out the battery on the Controller?

If it is out of warranty I would suggest googling for youtube on it, if not I would send it to DJI authorized repair.

LOL, perfect. I thought my Pelicans were good enough. I may have to test out the TTS as a case, now. Thanks a lot bro - you just spent my birthday money. :(

Lol , Happy Birthday, I will hook u up if you have a Phantom 4 pro and you want a Phantom Wetsuit. Keep me posted its a good gift.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj