Contact between Prop and Body/Shell

seacrawler said:
Hi all,

I recently purchased a vision+ and after a few test flights, noticed there is a contact of one prop with the body/shell of the quad. This causes the quad to lose height, make noise and resulted into a damaged prop. Any solutions? thanks.

Wait. How can one make a post like this without even thinking to let us know that the issue was due to a crash? THis is like someone crashing their car headfirst into a wall, then logging onto a car forum and saying "Hi, my headlights arent working. Any ideas? Help".

:lol:

"Hi Doctor, strange thing. I'm bleeding from a small hole in the back of my head"

Doctor: "Did you happen to shoot yourself in the head earlier, by chance with a small caliber gun?"

"yes, I did. That make a difference?"

You might want to check the vertical gimbal arm also to see if it is bent.

Attachments

• bent gimbal.jpg
    bent gimbal.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 307
Late in replying, but I have bent the arm in a previous crash as well. I was succesful in using a heat gun to bend it back. This was a couple months ago and it's held together just great.

lol, hahahahaha ....

phantomguy said:
seacrawler said:
Hi all,

I recently purchased a vision+ and after a few test flights, noticed there is a contact of one prop with the body/shell of the quad. This causes the quad to lose height, make noise and resulted into a damaged prop. Any solutions? thanks.

Wait. How can one make a post like this without even thinking to let us know that the issue was due to a crash? THis is like someone crashing their car headfirst into a wall, then logging onto a car forum and saying "Hi, my headlights arent working. Any ideas? Help".

:lol:

Thanks all. I flew again today after a sleepless night swapping the shell, camera/gimbal and adding additional protective equipment.

I bought the DJI PHANTOM 2 VISION PLUS 3 AXIS CAMERA GIMBAL & CAMERA W/MOUNT and Phantom 2 Vision Plus Damping Rubber & Drop Protection Kit - No.7 from Aerial Media Pros and Clear Duraplex Camera Guard from UAV and the finally the video instructions from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLi-wIrEISM

I will post photos soon.

LOL

Slowly but surely! ;-)

Thanks Couchie, I am glad I am flying again. The bird tends to drift and cant stay in a position. I have calibrated several times and also upgraded. It was fairly stable out of the box, what could be causing this? thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl