Considering a GL658C instead of GL300B for P3A

Reaction score
I've been searching all day for a new RC for my P3A. The internal plastic posts that hold the screws broke (RTH button too) so I pulled it apart to fix. All went well until I messed up the cable re-connecting the controller board to the main board. Finding parts has been difficult although I've got some bids in on ebay for used controllers.

My concern is that all of the GL300B controllers suffer from the cheap plastic and I'll just run into the problem again. In fact, an ebay controller might already be suffering from the issue and I won't know until it shows up. Should I consider getting the GL658C or GL300C instead? Do they suffer from the plastic issues? Any other suggestions?

BTW, I posted a WTB ad in the classifieds if anyone might have parts or a controller to sell me. I'd like to get up and running as quickly as possible. Thanks for the help!

I wanted to let everyone know that I received a lot of PM's with great advice. I ended up with a GL300C remote for the following reasons:

1. Price
2. Doesn't seem to suffer from the brittle plastic issue
3. GL300A was difficult to find

As near as I can tell, most users do not see a huge difference in range compared to the GL300A or B. I know it has a less powerful transmitter but in practice, most people aren't seeing much of a difference. For me personally, I live in the mountains of Colorado so sending my drone off beyond my LOS is risky with all of these hills and trees. I'd have to set my RTH to over 1200 ft to avoid trouble!

I'd love to fix my GL300B controller as a backup. If anyone has a main board and the ribbon that connects to the controller board, send me a PM. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing