Connecting DJI Goggles to Phantom 4 Pro std

Reaction score
I have searched but cannot find the answer. I have a Phantom 4 Pro....the original, not the V2. My goggle manual is a little confusing about the connection. Can I use the micro USB cable from the goggles to the controller, or do I have to install a new part on my controller that has the HDMI input. Wonder why some P4P controllers have that HDMI input, and some not?

I have the same drone and no HDMI output on the controller. The HDMI slot is an accessory that you can add yourself. I believe it allows your goggles to mirror the screen, enabling someone else to use the goggles while you look at the screen. Also, if you want to use goggles but bypass the goggles' control interface (& still use the screen controls) - this is the way to go.

The goggles normally attach via a standard USB cable to the back of the controller, with a micro-adapter into the goggles. Note that if you launch with the goggles you will only be able to fly in safe-mode. To avoid this restriction, launch with your screen per normal, then connect the goggles after take-off.

I have the same drone and no HDMI output on the controller. The HDMI slot is an accessory that you can add yourself. I believe it allows your goggles to mirror the screen, enabling someone else to use the goggles while you look at the screen. Also, if you want to use goggles but bypass the goggles' control interface (& still use the screen controls) - this is the way to go.

The goggles normally attach via a standard USB cable to the back of the controller, with a micro-adapter into the goggles. Note that if you launch with the goggles you will only be able to fly in safe-mode. To avoid this restriction, launch with your screen per normal, then connect the goggles after take-off.
Pygar...thanks for the reply. I also have a Mavic Pro, so can connect wirelessly. I don't want to buy that HDMI module for my P4P, so you are saying all I need is to connect the USB from goggles to controller just like connecting controller to phone/tablet and it will give me FPV video just like the HDMI cable?

That's correct - it works for me. You can test it while still on the ground.

The only pain is having to launch with the screen and then switch over to the goggles. I do the same in reverse before landing, as I prefer to land vlos. Note that the drone remains connected to the controller (responding to controls) irrespective of whether your screen or goggles are plugged in.

Reactions: Capt KO
Wonder why this isn't explained in the Goggle manual. Don't think I missed it.
Now all I need is some good weather to check this out with the goggles.
Thanks for the info!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj