Connect H3 to Fat Shark

Reaction score
I have Hero 3 Black that I'm trying to connect to my Fat Shark Predator Tx. I bought one of the adapters that have the black and yellow wires twisted together and a right angle usb plug.
http://www.heli-world.com/detail.aspx?ID=11272

The connecting plug on the cable is narrower than the Fat Shark plug, but it does line up with the right side of the FS socket. The black wire connects to the outside pin on the FS and the yellow wire is on the next pin to the left.

When I powered up the FS Tx and the H3 nothing came through. I plugged in the FS camera and I got an image. Is there a setting that needs to be activated on the H3? Or am I not connecting to the correct pins on the FS Tx socket?

I had exactly the same problem, and figured it out...

On the video board end of the cable, you have to move the yellow wire (video) to the center connector on the plug. You can do this by taking a paper clip straightened out and poking the yellow wire connector until you can back it out of the plug, then sliding it into the center hole. Now you can plug the 3-wire connector into the video board, lining up the yellow and black wires on the board with those on the plug.

Now turn on the goggles, power up the video board and turn on the camera, and you should be looking thru the lens of the camera. If you have a problem, let me know and I'll send you a picture...

I tired that and still not having any luck. After changing the pins I was having trouble getting the plug in to the connector on the video board. Out of frustration, I took off the original plug and replaced it with a new one. I made sure that the leads were on the correct pins. I've looked on line and found a site that has detailed instructions on making a cable.
http://flitetest.com/articles/GoPro3_FP ... _Cable_DIY
One thing they pointed out is that a 100k resistor needed to be added to activate the H3. I tried to check the usb plug but found that it had been sealed with silicone.

Is there anything I need to set on the H3 to make it interface with the video Tx?

I'm ready to scrap this plug and try a different type. Anyone have suggestions on ones that have worked?

Dave -

I have EXACTLY the same video cable (2-connector) that you do. I suspect your problem is with the little "bump" (for lack of a better description) on the video board end of the plug which is meant for alignment. There's a small piece of plastic on the video board plug which forms the channel that ridge goes into. It just fell out for me - you may have to pry it out. Then the plug went right in and locked, no problem. Forget the 100K resistor.These photos should show you:

Attachments

• DSCN0374.jpg
    DSCN0374.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 604
  • DSCN0376.JPG
    DSCN0376.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 641

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members