Compass off a few degrees

I’ve had this happen. Never figured out why.

Here's a rough side by side - top is error. Another mission had similar problem
What makes you think that's a compass issue?
I'm not convinced that it is.
It would be complicated to compare flight data and your Litchi mission to work out what's different (and Litchi logs are horrible to investigate).
If there was a compass malfunction, you would expect it to be a problem for the whole flight.
(Assuming that the mission hasn't been accidentally changed), I'd suggest that Litchi might be the people to ask what's gone on and perhaps they could make sense of it?

Two things make me think it's a compass issue 1) Arrow not pointing in exactly the right direction at start of mission, and 2) recalibratation (after which arrow points correctly) fixes the issue. I realize that's correlational, but that's what I've got to go on. I have a backup archived version of the mission, which I also ran, and had the same issue, so pretty sure the mission hadn't changed. If I had to say if the issue takes place for the whole mission, it looks like the problem accelerates during the mission.

Two things make me think it's a compass issue 1) Arrow not pointing in exactly the right direction at start of mission, and 2) recalibratation (after which arrow points correctly) fixes the issue. I realize that's correlational, but that's what I've got to go on. I have a backup archived version of the mission, which I also ran, and had the same issue, so pretty sure the mission hadn't changed. If I had to say if the issue takes place for the whole mission, it looks like the problem accelerates during the mission.
If you had a genuine compass problem, the drone would not fly normally at all.
And recalibrating the compass can't do what you think it does.
Read the first post in this thread to get an understanding of what compass calibration actually does:

If your drone icon is pointing a different direction from the physical drone at launch time, that's indicating a problem with your launch point, not the drone or its compass.
Recalibrating a perfectly working compass can't possibly fix a problem that's outside the drone.
The proper action is to switch it off and move to somewhere away from the steel that's causing that issue and fly from there.

Here is a thread of mine from a couple years ago. It may be only tangentially related. And long. But a mind mess. Never sorted it out. Other than it looks like some temporary (lasting a couple days) disturbance in magnetic field but at a couple hundred feet above ground.

Reactions: Rob Levine
So was out flying today at an entirely different location...kind of rural...and no problems! Started the drone and viola, arrow pointing in right direction, no errors. I guess I chalking this one up to interference.

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik