Compass Calibration

No harm no foul. We are all on the same team with the same common goal. I don't have an extreme amount of experience but was just putting out there what steps I preform when I do fly. I've had my p2v for about 8 months and am addicted so I fly a lot. Upgraded to a rotor pixel and flytrex about 3 months ago. I just like to be careful when flying something that would be expensive to replace. Thanks for the tips.

There will never it seems to be an actual answer to this that's correct because the Phantom owners don't know. They are guessing or just repeating what someone else said. They are not techs and most likely have not tested a **** thing to enforce their suggestions. I always do a compass calibration first flight of the day even if I have flown there before. There are things that can change at a site that you have been flying at that you may not be aware of. One day I was flying in my front yard as I have done many times. My calibration failed. I did do it differently this one time and held the quad closer to my body than I normally do. Like I said it failed. Then I realized I had a magnetic drill chuck in my pocket which I always do. I redid the calibration at arms length as I normally do and all was good still with chuck in pocket. Things change, you may forget something.....isn't this the time to know? Before you fly? My Phantom was purchased in April 2014 and still flies great. I must be doing something right. Many here will post stuff here like it was gospel without any testing to back up their remarks. Stop that. I don't know how all this stuff works and I don't claim to. I just report my experience. I just ordered another because of the killer price that someone posted... yaaaaaa for me.

DeathFromJuu said:
There is so much misinformation in this thread.

Here is the proper method to ensure stable flight every time you fly:

-calibrate compass
-rub your lucky rabbit's foot
-calibrate compass again (better safe than sorry)
-gently caress your four leaf clover while rotating 360 degrees and saying the Lord's prayer
-knock on wood while avoiding any black cats that might be sauntering by
-eat an apple (don't want a doctor to interrupt your flight)
-don your garlic necklace (don't want a vampire showing up in the middle of your flight)

Go fly.

So you mean biting the heads off of live rats don't help any?!?!?! I have been doing it all for nothing then.....

I have found that if you let your grand daughter put hello kitty stickers on it, it brings good luck.

I have the fat girl version of a mud flap girl on mine!!! :D :D :D :D :D

StangLuvr said:
I have the fat girl version of a mud flap girl on mine!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lol,,, nice.

This is what my case looks like.

Attachments

• kitty case.JPG
    kitty case.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 199
I have one between each arm on the upper shell.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 265
that's doable... I notice you have your plastic clips on the top side of the gimbel mount. does that help?

dalebb said:
that's doable... I notice you have your plastic clips on the top side of the gimbel mount. does that help?

If your taking about my bird, that is the way it came. I haven't done anything to the plastic clips. I did notice that 2 were there when I got it.

DeathFromJuu said:
There is so much misinformation in this thread.

Here is the proper method to ensure stable flight every time you fly:

-calibrate compass
-rub your lucky rabbit's foot
-gently caress your four leaf clover while rotating 360 degrees and saying the Lord's prayer
-knock on wood while avoiding any black cats that might be sauntering by
-eat an apple (don't want a doctor to interrupt your flight)
-don your garlic necklace (don't want a vampire showing up in the middle of your flight)

Go fly.

deserves to be quoted, hilarious, sad but true, **** birds.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj