Community Outreach

Reaction score
Had a neighbor come by looking for a missing puppy. I'm out in the desert, very sparsely populated.

I mentioned having recently gotten a drone mounted camera and a willingness to look around for any evidence of what might have happened to the little buddy.

Flew around, filming what I could. Absolutely useless, really. But made a positive impact with an average person who likely votes.

Can't hurt to make those connections... Yes??

Cheers!

Had a neighbor come by looking for a missing puppy. I'm out in the desert, very sparsely populated.

I mentioned having recently gotten a drone mounted camera and a willingness to look around for any evidence of what might have happened to the little buddy.

Flew around, filming what I could. Absolutely useless, really. But made a positive impact with an average person who likely votes.

Can't hurt to make those connections... Yes??

Cheers!
That was very nice of you to do!

The subject title looked like a service for Phantom 2 flyers, in the aftermath of the Phantom 3 announcement.;)

Unless your 30' or so off the deck and there's a reasonable contrast, very little can be detailed in my eyes while in real-time. I'd assume FPV goggles would improve abilities. Any of the recorded video would be a better source for detailing the search, after the fact however.

Great effort either way!

Cool..... We need a ready to mount thermal camera on the cheap that can replace the camera on the gimbal with quick disconnect.

I've done a few roof inspections for acquaintances - found locations of missing shingles for them.

Having a p3 with light bridge would help heaps.

Cool..... We need a ready to mount thermal camera on the cheap that can replace the camera on the gimbal with quick disconnect.
That would be very cool and potentially very useful!

We've got to figure this out.

Cheers!

The subject title looked like a service for Phantom 2 flyers, in the aftermath of the Phantom 3 announcement.;)

Unless your 30' or so off the deck and there's a reasonable contrast, very little can be detailed in my eyes while in real-time. I'd assume FPV goggles would improve abilities. Any of the recorded video would be a better source for detailing the search, after the fact however.

Great effort either way!

Yep. Hard to see much on the ground. Even out here, the vegetation covers pretty well.

I gave her the video and she said it helped her rule out a few areas to check.

Coyotes and rattlesnakes are pretty quick around here. I hate it, but I'm sure it was never a chance.

But, she had a positive reaction to the drone.

Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic