Community Outreach

Reaction score
Had a neighbor come by looking for a missing puppy. I'm out in the desert, very sparsely populated.

I mentioned having recently gotten a drone mounted camera and a willingness to look around for any evidence of what might have happened to the little buddy.

Flew around, filming what I could. Absolutely useless, really. But made a positive impact with an average person who likely votes.

Can't hurt to make those connections... Yes??

Cheers!

Reaction score
Had a neighbor come by looking for a missing puppy. I'm out in the desert, very sparsely populated.

I mentioned having recently gotten a drone mounted camera and a willingness to look around for any evidence of what might have happened to the little buddy.

Flew around, filming what I could. Absolutely useless, really. But made a positive impact with an average person who likely votes.

Can't hurt to make those connections... Yes??

Cheers!
That was very nice of you to do!

Reaction score
The subject title looked like a service for Phantom 2 flyers, in the aftermath of the Phantom 3 announcement.;)

Unless your 30' or so off the deck and there's a reasonable contrast, very little can be detailed in my eyes while in real-time. I'd assume FPV goggles would improve abilities. Any of the recorded video would be a better source for detailing the search, after the fact however.

Great effort either way!

Reaction score
Cool..... We need a ready to mount thermal camera on the cheap that can replace the camera on the gimbal with quick disconnect.

Reaction score
I've done a few roof inspections for acquaintances - found locations of missing shingles for them.

Reaction score
Having a p3 with light bridge would help heaps.

Reaction score
Cool..... We need a ready to mount thermal camera on the cheap that can replace the camera on the gimbal with quick disconnect.
That would be very cool and potentially very useful!

We've got to figure this out.

Cheers!

Reaction score
The subject title looked like a service for Phantom 2 flyers, in the aftermath of the Phantom 3 announcement.;)

Unless your 30' or so off the deck and there's a reasonable contrast, very little can be detailed in my eyes while in real-time. I'd assume FPV goggles would improve abilities. Any of the recorded video would be a better source for detailing the search, after the fact however.

Great effort either way!
Yep. Hard to see much on the ground. Even out here, the vegetation covers pretty well.

I gave her the video and she said it helped her rule out a few areas to check.

Coyotes and rattlesnakes are pretty quick around here. I hate it, but I'm sure it was never a chance.

But, she had a positive reaction to the drone.

Cheers!

Reaction score
I've done a few roof inspections for acquaintances - found locations of missing shingles for them.
Nice.

I hate to fly over my place. Just shows how badly I need to do some work up there........

Cheers!

Reaction score
That was very nice of you to do!
Thanks much. I definitely felt her pain, having gotten really attached to pets.

The Phantom was the first thing that came to mind as a way to offer some support.

Cheers!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sikkinixx