Coming soon: Big Brother is watching

Reaction score
"At the World ATM Congress in Madrid Unifly presented an e-Identification and tracking solution for drones. The device works in a completely independent fashion, with its own power source and sensors for position, altitude, temperature, pressure, speed and direction. As soon as the pilot attaches it to a drone, it is ready for use.

Drones are becoming more and more a part of our daily lives. When a drone is observed, it is important to understand the pilot’s intentions, where it took off and who is controlling it. Both E-Identification and tracking provide this information.

This information can be accessed in real-time by relevant authorities through secured applications. This allows for example a police patrol to read out all details of drones flying within a distance of up to 200 metres of the patrol’s position. With this device Unifly is committed to providing the authorities and drone operators with a reliable, highly integrated, robust, efficient and easy to use tracking solution." [edited]

Unifly Launches e-Identification and Drone Tracking – UAS VISION

professional use of drones will eventually be tracked in real time with GSM networks and 5G, so IMO I think it is better to be ready when it happens

In my opinion, this technology is long overdue and good for all those who like, and want to continue, flying their drones. If this can provide "enforced" geo fencing and track/report violations of drone law (in any country), our hobby is less likely to be shut down due to those who are either ignorant of the rules/law or feel they are "above the law".

I'm never clear why people would welcome government regulation - especially since those regulations are generally enacted by people who haven't a clue what they're discussing.

Reactions: cneedelman and MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl