CNN Drone News Video

That is one of the better stories I have seen on the topic
I was chatting with a law enforcement officer yesterday while flying and he mentioned he had no idea there was a need to regulate what he deemed an expensive big boy toy

Most people feel the same way however there are some fear mongerers out there who instill fear of the government into the minds of law obiding citizens and by doing so empowers them and they are here to stay

With regulations it will be very clear to all when they are breaking the law and law enforcement officials will gain some understanding of exactly how to enforce this

I see the laws basically restricting height as we already have and line of sight as we already have the big question is the cameras. I could see authorities requiring perhaps some training and fees collected to an annual license of some sort if you want to fly with a camera

I have already had a conversation regarding this with my local representative who had no idea what I was talking about but after some enlightening reality he basically agreed that officials are very careful to not step on the toes of one of the largest and powerful lobbies in Washington and yes our toys happen to fall under that umbrella with the likes of defense contractors, and weapons manufacturers.

So yes every time some guy with a Phantom or a fixed wing rc craft does something irresponsible yes it may bring on some negative press but for whatever reason with the more press negative or not the industry is thriving more and more day by day
And to think there will be no regulation is not very smart
To think the industry is not preparing for a fight is not very smart
And to think your local cop is going to be given an order to confiscate your toy is not very smart

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj