Cloverleaf Receiver Antenna FC40

Antennas work best when polarization is matched between the transmitting and receiving systems.

So changing just one will be of no benefit.

Reactions: Lasernerd
I would actually add 2 because the receiver has 2 antennas, I will have one on the transmitter also,this is not for FPV,just range from the controller to bird increase

Oh yeah, I upgraded my fc40 with 2 5.8 rhcp antennas from fpvlr. I have the 5 turn helix and a 5 watt amp on it now too and I have been out too 6500 feet now and then I start to lose video but control link is solid. For fpv I am using the boscam ts321 and rc802 2.4ghz 500mw and I have fpvlr antennas on TX and rx for that too.
I could go further but the wind lately has been nuts and I don't want to push it until I have a nice calm day in an open area to find the max distance

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, I upgraded my fc40 with 2 5.8 rhcp antennas from fpvlr. I have the 5 turn helix and a 5 watt amp on it now too and I have been out too 6500 feet now and then I start to lose video but control link is solid. For fpv I am using the boscam ts321 and rc802 2.4ghz 500mw and I have fpvlr antennas on TX and rx for that too.
I could go further but the wind lately has been nuts and I don't want to push it until I have a nice calm day in an open area to find the max distance

Would it benefit any to add just one cloverleaf to the fc40 and leave one straight wire

No not really, the polarization has to match on your TX and rx antennas for optimal signal strength and range. If you do one, u should do em all

Tx and Rx antennas should be of the same polarity. Mixing will result in at least 3dB loss (1/2) between the non-similar antenna types.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl