Circling the Home Point in Home Lock Mode

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question about Home Lock on a P3 Advanced that DJI cannot seem to understand or answer.

When I move the aircraft 5 meters from the Home Point and successfully enable Home Lock mode, I am able to push the right stick up and down to make the aircraft move away from and toward the Home Point. However, when I push the right stick to the left or right, the aircraft will rotate around the home point as expected (CCW or CW respectively), but it will also move farther away (increase the radius) from the Home Point. Is this the normal / expected behavior? I was expecting the aircraft to move in a circle of constant radius around the Home Point. I believe that is how my old Phantom 1 operated.

I am running the latest firmware (1.5.30 on the aircraft, 1.5.70 on the R/C). Per DJI's suggestion, I have also recalibrated the remote and the IMU. I also recalibrated the compass. When I fly manually in P or A mode, the sticks work as expected (e.g. pushing the right stick left or right moves the aircraft left or right and not fore or aft as well). I have also tested all the other flight modes and they work as expected (Course Lock, Point-of-Interest, Waypoint and Follow-Me).

See the flight maps below. The first image shows what happened when I pushed the right stick to the left, the second image shows what happened when I pushed the right stick to the right. The radius seems to be about doubling for every 90 degrees of rotation around the Home Point.

Can anyone tell me if this behavior is expected, or if there is some setting that affects this, or if you have experienced the same behavior on your P3?

Thank you!

IMG_5984.jpg
IMG_5985.jpg

Since when does HL circle the HP? Pretty sure movements are relative to the HP. Try flying out further. You might be inside the radius where HL switches to CL.

I'm with maxq104. My Phantom 2 circles the home point outside the course lock radius when the right stick is moved left or right but the phantom 3 does not. I don't have an explanation though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20