chinese knockoff phantom hardcase

Reaction score
Hi,

has anyone tried one of these fake phantom 3 cases from ebay?

They are about $70 cheaper than the real one.. looks pretty similar - the foam looks identical.. worried about quality but then again, they are probably stolen from the same factory which made the real one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shoulder-Ba...-Phantom-3-Professional-Advanced/321819806949

The 1st picture looks like the real phantom but all the other pictures you can tell are different...

found an unboxing of the same/similar bag:

I think I'll grab one too... ****, now I'll have 3 carrying case.. .lol

found an unboxing of the same/similar bag:

I think I'll grab one too... ****, now I'll have 3 carrying case.. .lol

That's not the same bag. That one is nearly identical to the DJI version.

The ebay / China knockoff is different. The shape is much different. I'm curious how the quality is.

Looks like a great case if you're looking for a hard case. Can't get over the idea of a Chinese knockoff of a Chinese product though. That's funny.

Reactions: Dadcat and Stephan
I've ordered a similar case and will report back when it arrives. Interesting there's not a good spot for props? I've been using a pelican type case I got for my P2 for the time being. It works well but is heavy and is more suited for checking it in at the airport. The backpack will be much easier to local transport. The one I ordered looks identical to the one here- I paid $85.00 with shipping included.

anyone know if these are waterproof? I'd like to take mine on my kayak and paddleboard... the pelican/seahorse type cases are waterproof but huge/heavy and no backpack straps.

There was a lot of R&D time put into our DJI backpacks to make them as compact and light as possible. We tried to fit as much as possible into the backpack and also took into consideration the amount of time it takes from unzipping the backpack to getting a Phantom airborne. We also considered protection during transportation and even if we packed a Phantom inside and shipped it within the backpack through international shipping standards, the Phantom would arrive in perfect condition. To see these knockoffs makes us disgusted. To those that know the differences, they didn't even do a good job of copying.

Reactions: Bag1
that video in vietnamese said the backpacks are basically the same, especially inside... the foam of the OEM DJI bag is a bit harder. The outside material is different rough texture vs smooth for the fakes..

I ordered one from HK. It was $120 & looks exactly the same as the DJI pack, without the logo.

To date it's performed flawlessly. Once the lid is shut and zipped, nothing moves and I can hike merrily away.

My only gripe is that it can't hold two sets of spare props AND the mains battery charger - but then again, I'm still on the original props so it could be argued that there's no real point in carrying around two sets of spares...

I ordered a chinese $60 fabric case off eBay. Been an excellent case so far. I think all these other case manufacturers believe because we shelled out $1000+ on a Phantom, we would have no problem shelling out $300 on an overpriced case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rowdyjim and witold

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl