Cheap replacement clip for P2V+ $5 @ Big Lots

Reaction score
I've been tinkering with a viable tablet mount solution that wouldn't cost me a lot. Since the tablet is a larger one most of the mods I've seen don't hold securely. Yesterday I took a quick run through Harbor Frieght and Big Lots stores while out. Harbor Freight didn't have anything but Big Lots did!
Seems there's a IHome brand of dashboard cell phone clip that looks just like the clamp portion of the p2v+ phone mount. It's compatible with the ball joint. I snagged one and picked up some industrial strength velcro strips. Presto one tablet mount that's easily removed if I want to use the cell holder and with the velcro I can detach the tablet for use other than pilot. I doubt detailed instructions are necessary in a forum such as this so I will just skip to the picture.

Attachments

• cheap-tablet_mount.jpg
    cheap-tablet_mount.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 628
they sell them on ebay too.
black or white.
I bought a white one and took the top arm and bolted it to my existing top arm.
Good for my 8" tablet or my Galaxy S5.
20150626_062614.jpg

Tried that but my 10 inch tablet is too big. At least I can unscrew the retaining ring and swap out for galaxy s5 though. Not as fast as your solution but doable. :)

It was. I later removed the Velcro and just screwed threw the case and into the clamp as the tablet would bounce around a lot when running with transmitter. Smaller tablets in lighter cases would be fine. The larger tablet in a rugged case is just too much mass for that type of connection. I might later fabricate a slide in clip fastener.

Look closely at my avatar for my current solution. :) Two screws threw case, then spacer washers, finally into a block of wood about cell phone size and shape. Allows me to use the stand clip. Bought some black foamboard at walmart for a homemade sunshade as well.

I did see some clamps that slip on tablet allowing the standard phone clamp to hold. I believe they were on ebay... If I dont need to be mobile I will put my tablet on a tripod and use it that way. It also allows others to see the fpv easier. I'm practicing more flying fpv so less chasing the phantom in familiar areas. Trouble is with unfamiliar courses I have to chase after phantom and watch for smaller branches, etc.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic