Charleston SC Phantom Pilots?

Ive had my P4 for 3 months but not much air time... so much restricted airspace... at times i rather have a POV quad

very true i did some passes over marsh at the Gadsdenville boat landing. Only open place i could find that didnt have any altitude restrictions till i got around the antenna towers.

Ive had close calls with low altitude Helicopters near the Ravenel Bridge many times. I was just hovering above Mtp pier and i was at 200'

Water is no big deal, just monitor the BATTERY level. One thing about water, you want back into a tree!

Reactions: BenMara
Water is no big deal, just monitor the BATTERY level. One thing about water, you want back into a tree!
How about a Cypress tree in a swamp? LOL How about power lines crossing a river or bay? That one scares me!

Think about flying 400ft. over land or water. It doesn't make any difference. Go for it.

I was there couple months ago and took my p4, their were to many people around but i did get some great shots for about 5 minutes of the oldest church while no one was around. That's about only chance I got to fly. I checked air maps and it was only place on the S.C coast I saw that wasn't restricted at all to fly. I couldve read the map wrong I've been known to. A month prior to that our cub scouts stayed on the yorktown for 2 nights and I ask the security gaurd if I could get sum shots , he told me as long as he could watch. He was pretty cool guy who just curious about the drone. So I got up at 6.a.m and around 7 I took my drone around the yorktown. Lasted about 10 min and I brought her down. Those shots were cool.

1536539082628.jpg
1536539092750.jpg
1536539098567.jpg
1536539104741.jpg

Got a MM, MP2 and just ordered a P4 Pro. Just got my Part 107 last month so I’m trying to fly at least one or twice a week to elevate my experience. I’m in West Ashley.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20