charging the fc40 battery with a tab charger

I use my iphone wall charger. It charges the camera much quicker than the usb on my computer.

I tried to charge my FC40 camera yesterday using a generic USB wall charger but noticed the red light did not come on--on the camera or the charger. Then tried the charger on my cell phone where it did not work either. Losing the charger is no big deal but it apparently took out the camera in the process. Can't get any response whatsoever out of the camera now--deadern a door nail.
I was using the Phantom mini USB adapter as usual.
Why would the charger take out the camera?

Edit: I connected my Phantom to the Assistant software just to make sure the adapter cable was okay. It checked out fine so thought I would try connecting the camera to the charger and now its all working!!! Tried a number of different things yesterday but could get no response from the camera.
Weird?

npalen said:
I tried to charge my FC40 camera yesterday using a generic USB wall charger but noticed the red light did not come on--on the camera or the charger. Then tried the charger on my cell phone where it did not work either. Losing the charger is no big deal but it apparently took out the camera in the process. Can't get any response whatsoever out of the camera now--deadern a door nail.
I was using the Phantom mini USB adapter as usual.
Why would the charger take out the camera?

Hi, not sure if I got it right but if I understand the issue might only be a dead battery. I have noticed that my fc40 camera will niot charge plugged into usb, it will only charge if I use a phone or tablet charger output 5volts or 5.1 volts and when it is charging the red light blinks rapidly. When I first got mine I thought I had charged it completely through usb but after just a couple minutes of use, the green light went off and I thought, like you do, that the camera was broken. Since then I use usb to transfer the videos and pics and then plug into ac adapter to charge the thing. I hope this helps.

ha, just after posting this I saw that the original post had been edited. wow, timing is the key, but good to see that all is well,.

Guess I will leave this here....since it is my first post

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik