Charging Battery

Reaction score
IF I have just flown for a few minutes and then packed up the bird for a few days, is it recommended to recharge the barttery, ie top it up, or flatten the battery completely before charging?

hmhmhhm Heres what I do. I fly to around 20% and wait to charge them fully until the day before I fly. It SEEMS that keeping them fully charged with out letting them self discharge is a bad idea. Lots of options and other info on the site

If you have not drained the battery to a certain level, it will not charge! You can plug it in & no lights will come on. I do not think it would hurt anything if you plug it in & the lights come on & you top it off as these battery's are not supposed to have a memory so partial charges or topping them off shouldn't hurt them. Also you do not want to keep the batteries stored on empty ( flat ) either. You want to charge until the 3rd light starts to flash. I read the best area of charge to leave them for a period of time is around 60%. If you have the new battery firmware, you can fully charge them & if you do not fly for 10 days or so they will start to dissipate. This keeps the batteries from swelling and shortening the life of them. That is just what I read, if not correct, someone will reply.

You are correct. That's why I only charge them top off if I'm flying. Ext day

Great advice. Thanks to both of you and happy new year

cshaw said:
Great advice. Thanks to both of you and happy new year
Same to you down under :D never been to NZ but seen images & looks stunning!

Thanks Larry.
Don't tell people that. They will all want to come

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures