channels

Reaction score
Did the 32 channel mod. I guess I don't quite understand this. If I go into the DJI app and go to the HD section. I change the channel outside the normal ones. But is that setting for both the image transmission and the signal sent to the drone for control? Or, is there another place to change the channel for signal to control drone.

Thanks.

The 32 Channel (hack) only affects the video down-link from the quad.

Downside is it is technically illegal.
(As a Ham I don't condone it)

It does provide better video range due to the lower noise floor as the channels are often unused (better signal-to-noise ratio).

Moving the downlink to a higher channel will give you one extra channel in the lower band for your control link to operate on. This can make a difference in RF congested areas.

I don't know much about the channels. But, I am curious....Why would my image transmission signal cut out while my RC signal was still good (without using the 32 channel hack). Do the two signals keep switching back and forth trying to find the best channel? Do the image transmission and the RC signal stay on the same channel?

I don't know much about the channels. But, I am curious....Why would my image transmission signal cut out while my RC signal was still good (without using the 32 channel hack). Do the two signals keep switching back and forth trying to find the best channel? Do the image transmission and the RC signal stay on the same channel?
Which phantom?

You have selected a channel that is being used by other services/subject to interference.

I guess I just misunderstood the whole channel 32 thing. When people were talking about increased range when unlocking the other channels I assumed they meant increase flight range.

Based on N017RW's response it only affects the image transfer. So people referring to increased range I guess were talking about increased range for image transmission rather than increased flight range.

So much sill to learn!

I guess I just misunderstood the whole channel 32 thing. When people were talking about increased range when unlocking the other channels I assumed they meant increase flight range.

Based on N017RW's response it only affects the image transfer. So people referring to increased range I guess were talking about increased range for image transmission rather than increased flight range.

So much sill to learn!
Not necessarily. Moving the video downlink above Channel 16 potentially gives an extra available channel to the control link.

Reality is unless you are in an area of heavy rf congestion or going for a distance record standard setup will work very well for you.

Is the 32 channel unlock available for the P3S?
If so, anyone have a link for how to do it with current firmware?

Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31