Changing Aircraft Name

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the Aircraft Name in the App? I have tried but it doesn't seem to be possible. Thanks

Just bought a used phantom and need to rename.. Does anyone know how to rename?

There have been literally hundreds of threads on this topic over the forms, thousands of replies, 10's of thousands of views, but it doesn't appear to be possible. DJI wants it that way. I'd bet that the tool where you can track "Google Search Phrases" has thousands of searches for this! Look at the bandwidth and data storage, and time wasted with this question!

We should sever diplomatic relations, and annex Taiwan as our 51st State.

DJI told me it was impossible :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello guys, this is now possible. Just open the General Settings while in camera mode and scroll down to Device Name. Tap Device Name and from there you can change the name of your drone. Tap Save.

The next time you use your drone, you should be able to see the new name in the log.

I hope this helps.

It only applies to iOS version of DJI GO (version 2.8.3), not in Android (version 2.8.1).

My P3A's name was reset to "Inspire" after I received it back from DJI repair. When I changed its name back to its original name with iOS GO, it only shows the original name in my iOS GO. It still shows "choose a new name for your drone" when I run Android GO. Bloody annoying :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers