Changes for EU Drones

Reaction score
I have just been reading this

https://www.easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/NPA 2017-05 (A)_0.pdf

on proposed changes to drone operations in the EU. I would urge everyone to read through it, as I am sure it will affect those in, and soon to be outside, the EU, and maybe even across the pond. There are some quite radical proposals, and I believe that it does, to some extent, explain DJI's recent actions with reagrds to geofencing making sure their future and current products can be used, and sold throughout the EU. I wuld also not be surprised if some of this does not run off on the state and feral governments across the pond in the US.

Reactions: jr257944
I only skimmed it, but it appears that toy grades can go up to 400 feet high, yet the more capable drones are limited to a ridiculous 100 feet, and the even more capable ones are even more restricted and can't even operate within,cities, which is most of Europe. Basically it appears that the only way to fly something like a Phantom would be out in the moddle of nowhere and then under the ultra restrictive rules that DJI has for people who don't "voluntarily" login in and accept the new draconian terms of service. Basically the whole reason for having a decent drone instead of the toy store model is completely eliminated as the drone by law is pretty much disabled. And THIS is what we that redused the "update" were trying to warn people about. It also adds some undefined rule about "not causing a nuisance" which basically means any paranoid antidrone loon on the ground can call and complain that to their view you are "causing a nuisance" and get you into trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: skeptic49

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4