Changed landing gear and now wonders all over in gps only

Reaction score
I changed my landing gear and the compass is still on right rear leg but it is back a little further and angled slightly different. Now phantom wanders all over the place in gps mode only. I thought once I did the compass dance it would be fine but I guess the compass has to be angled the same as from factory. Anyone have any knowledge on this subjuect?
What I did was take a wide and high landing gear set and chopped the bottom off where the legs connect. I then oblonged the mounting holes so the legs could turn a little and be under the phantoms arms for less drag and a even wider stance. It turned out great, but now it doesn't fly right.
Any suggestions?

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

the compass must have the same orientation up/down as before. Also, make sure it is perpendicular to the GPS (ie. top shell). If its off a few degrees, could be an issue. Once this is set, make sure to do an IMU calibration. I made similar mods with retracts and accidentally oriented the compass upside down....it crashed after the first flight :mad:

it's an easy fix .. u gotta trim the edge of the landing gear to fix the angle.. the compass has to be vertically installed and in-parallel with Naza .. it doesn't really matter how high or low it is .. don't forget to check the values of your compass with the assistant app .. sometimes touching the compass with a magnet screwdriver messes it up and u'll need to do a compass rest to fix it..

Compass rest (How To )

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: IflyinWY
Yep, I bow to the man, IIVII.

Bow to IIVII   A tribute to THE MAN.jpg

Reactions: dtitus6297
My quad wouldn't be the same at all if it wasn't for IIVII. He has helped me a lot along the way with ideas and mods. He's very clever with this stuff for sure. Wish I was that talented...lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.