Cellphone hotspot

Reaction score
I tried a hot spot from my phone and it worked good I left it on . Do I have to worry about interference or anything ?

Still in debate as far as I'm concerned. I'd say that there is only a possibility of interference. Both the transmitter and wifi work on the same frequencies of the 2.4ghz spectrum. However, the frequencies used by the transmitter are labeled as channels 1 to 14. DJI has them labeled as 13 to 20. I've seen no information that channels 13 to 20 even exist, especially not for the frequencies that DJI uses. As has been mentioned, the transmitter uses different protocols then wifi. So they should not cross each H other that way but one signal could slightly block another. It's not likely in my opinion but possible. The DJI app should automatically change channels if needed.

Still in debate as far as I'm concerned. I'd say that there is only a possibility of interference. Both the transmitter and wifi work on the same frequencies of the 2.4ghz spectrum. However, the frequencies used by the transmitter are labeled as channels 1 to 14. DJI has them labeled as 13 to 20. I've seen no information that channels 13 to 20 even exist, especially not for the frequencies that DJI uses. As has been mentioned, the transmitter uses different protocols then wifi. So they should not cross each H other that way but one signal could slightly block another. It's not likely in my opinion but possible. The DJI app should automatically change channels if needed.
Thankyou

Its comes down to everything being on the same frequencies, the iPhone hotspot only uses 2.4ghz, depending on your operator LTE uses 2.1ghz, 2.6hhz,1.9ghz, 1.8ghz, all of this COULD cause problems, the best way would be to have a 5ghz wireless hotspot and do it that way, some people are reporting issues with wifi turn on their tablet some are not,

Personally I'm working on the side of caution, i have always avoided all forms of possible interference, the only upside it IF it did cause a problem its on the RC side and the craft should enter failsafe.

I've flown with my iPhone 6 as a mobile hotspot for my WIFI-only Ipad Mini 2. Haven't experienced any signal problems, dropouts, or otherwise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.