Carry-on case advice needed

Ordered the SKB 3I-2011-7B-C case from Amazon to try it empty and if it fits, neoprene on the edges is good enough for me..
http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/ ... 05&o=&s=78

It is slightly larger than 22x14x9. Tradecraft, HPRC, and GoPro cases are too large. I was thinking about the GoPro for home use, but then realized it has no wheels.

Seems to be the best "almost" airline size out of the Pelican 1510, Pelican Storm im2500, Nanuk 935, HPRC 2550w

Today I ordered Case from Italy HPRC 2700PHA2 - Not wheeled as the case is the same but little smaller instead of model HPRC 2700WPHA2.

For those who are interested to buy from www.plaberstore.com I have a promotion coupon for 20% discount. I was not sure if this code is for me only but I made checkout for another case to see if this coupon is still working and it is. I don't know how long it will work.
If somebody is interesting to get this coupon for www.plaberstore.com please e-mail me. [email protected] or PM I saved 60 Euro per one case.

sting808 said:
Ordered the SKB 3I-2011-7B-C case from Amazon to try it empty and if it fits, neoprene on the edges is good enough for me..
http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/ ... 05&o=&s=78

It is slightly larger than 22x14x9. Tradecraft, HPRC, and GoPro cases are too large. I was thinking about the GoPro for home use, but then realized it has no wheels.

Seems to be the best "almost" airline size out of the Pelican 1510, Pelican Storm im2500, Nanuk 935, HPRC 2550w

Got the case in and found out the advertised size is incorrect. It is the "carton" box size. The case is actually 22x14x9. It is tight, but will meet my airline carry-on needs and light local transports. The quad barely clears with 1/16" on the sides and <1/8" at the prop stud for height. Will use low/med density foam tape to protect maring on the edges and top. Will need to re-inforce the cube foam with glue since I'm cramming down to two cube foam thickness in some areas.

Not sure if I want to cut out space for the prop guards so stopped for now. Just need to trim the top cover foam and done. Here's some pics.

Attachments

• pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 707
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 740
Just FYI - I utilized the Tradecraft Case for my P2V. For the money, I thought it was an excellent value, especially for a wheeled, custom cut case.

As of yesterday, they now are shipping a P2V+ case.
My order is placed... :cool:

What are the rules for flying(airline) with our stuff? Is there anything we should not take in our cases like the screwdriver?

Finished for now. Will probably add AA charger slot, prop guards, or other use later.

I left the battery out of the quad to reduce mass so it should reduce movement when the case is jarred. The top cover foam holds the unit in place pretty securely. Used mini zip-lock bags to cover the motors to protect from foam debris. With this case, I still can use my medium size sling pack that fits my cameras, surface, and other misc things when I travel.

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 857
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 676
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 748
Here Is my Tradecraft ToughCase XRV
I could not be happier with it :)
Had room for all the normal stuff plus all my extras as seen
Have used it on many flights with no issues either airline or TSA
On one commuter flight it did not fit in overhead but got flight attendant to put it in closet

Attachments

• Case.jpg
    Case.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 658
  • Case plain.jpg
    Case plain.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 754
David said:
I have a go professional case (hoping the vision plus fits it when it comes in) but this is the cut out that I can't figure out[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397964560912.jpg[/attachment]

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

It fits the landing struts for the F450.

sting808 said:
Finished for now. Will probably add AA charger slot, prop guards, or other use later.

I left the battery out of the quad to reduce mass so it should reduce movement when the case is jarred. The top cover foam holds the unit in place pretty securely. Used mini zip-lock bags to cover the motors to protect from foam debris. With this case, I still can use my medium size sling pack that fits my cameras, surface, and other misc things when I travel.

Hi Sting808, I was very interested in picking up the same case for my vision plus but after looking at how tight it fits in yours im a little concerned.

Is there any contact between the motor shaft and the case lid? Could 6mm of foam still be left inside rather than shearing off the complete lid foam?

Any other issues you've had till date?

Any space to leave the propellers on rather than having to take them out all the time?

Thanks in advance to your reply.

This is my case. It is excellent and should be fine as a carry on. To the poster asking about the slots on the gpc backpack, which I have as well, the slots are for extra motors.

Microraptor Pro Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision / Vision+ Carry Case (Yellow Case, Black Foam) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MS4CHHA/re ... 9ub0AY9ASH
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MS4CHHA/re ... 9ub0AY9ASH

I do like the backpack, however the insert on the Microraptor case is laid out better in my opinion. The device holder has to be repositioned when switching from case to backpack.

I have the vision plus and I use a Pelican 1510. It's a very tight fit but it's carry on size.

Lucan said:
This is my case. It is excellent and should be fine as a carry on. To the poster asking about the slots on the gpc backpack, which I have as well, the slots are for extra motors.

Microraptor Pro Case for DJI Phantom 2 Vision / Vision+ Carry Case (Yellow Case, Black Foam) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MS4CHHA/re ... 9ub0AY9ASH
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MS4CHHA/re ... 9ub0AY9ASH

I do like the backpack, however the insert on the Microraptor case is laid out better in my opinion. The device holder has to be repositioned when switching from case to backpack.

Wow, this microraptor, the sea horse se920 and the tradecraft case all have the same outer casing.

I have the tradecraft case and I love it!! I actually just saw an add box for Tradecraft on this forum page!! Very well made, sturdy, wheels, two handles and plenty of room for batteries and accesories. You can also pull out some of the foam material to make pockets deeper.

Redphantom33 said:
I have the tradecraft case and I love it!! I actually just saw an add box for Tradecraft on this forum page!! Very well made, sturdy, wheels, two handles and plenty of room for batteries and accesories. You can also pull out some of the foam material to make pockets deeper.

+1 for Tradecraft

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4