Can't activate P4 Pro....

Reaction score
Our FD bought a drone and chose the P4 Pro. We have it and it won't activate.

We started everything up launched app and never got the set up screens. We tried to scan the QR and was told it couldn't scan. We used the cable to connect the P4 to the controller to get it to work...nothing.

Called tech support and was told that we have to send it back. Surely there is an option other than that? This is our second P4 (first one was cracked upon delivery). Shocked by their lack of quality and frustrating user experience so far.

Can anyone help out? I appreciate any advice you can offer!

Last edited:
We started everything up launched app and never got the set up screens. We tried to scan the QR and was told it couldn't scan. We used the cable to connect the P4 to the controller to get it to work...nothing.
Called tech support and was told that we have to send it back. Surely there is an option other than that? This is our second P4 (first one was cracked upon delivery). Shocked by their lack of quality and frustrating user experience so far.
There's not much to go on here but I'll start.
You mentioned connecting the Phantom to the controller.
That shouldn't be necessary.
Have you correctly connected your phone or tablet to the controller with the usb cable?

I wasn't sure what all else to add. I assure you I have the necessary technical skills to follow the instructions as shown. The app tells you to connect to the drone if the scan of the QR code doesn't work.

I followed the instructions, connected everything as described. Tried the ipad, and my iphone, same issue.

I feel your pain. I've been attempting to activate a P4P+ most of the day and I keep getting server issues. This is not my first rodeo as this is my seventh copter. Is this the same screen you're seeing?

Activation.jpg

no, I don't even get the set up menus. It goes to a screen with the P4 and says disconnected

The QR code is a link to take you to the Apple or Google store to download the app. What are you using to try to scan the code? Have you downloaded the DJI Assistant on a computer? Check the firmware that way? You may or may not have done any of this, just throwing things out there. Try to re-link the controller to the quad? Got a screen shot of the screen on your tablet/phone? Tried the normal start up with the controller first, then quad? Controller and a/c battery fully charged?

Question: I had a comment on my YouTube page (see video in previous post) that stated the reason it wouldn't complete the activation was due to my adding a + when creating a copter name during setup. I've already boxed up the copter for shipment and before I unpack it and give it a try, I thought I'd ask if this is valid.

Question: I had a comment on my YouTube page (see video in previous post) that stated the reason it wouldn't complete the activation was due to my adding a + when creating a copter name during setup. I've already boxed up the copter for shipment and before I unpack it and give it a try, I thought I'd ask if this is valid.
Yes, that's a known issue. I don't think it has ever been corrected.

wouldn't it be nice if DJI disabled the unusable keys during this process?
One would think so. It would surely cut down the number of support issues.

So, here's the solution and I would like to thank the folks here for providing input on this issue!

After I boxed up the Phantom, I released the previous video and posted this issue here. Input came back that the name I used for the copter during setup, Phantom 4 Pro +, was causing the rejection as DJI's system doesn't recognize certain characters or symbols. While this video goes into detail of my second round of attempts to get this copter activated, near the end of the video, I deliver a Gadget Guru Editorial and I can only hope the fine folks at DJI are listening.

Reactions: CP_Oregon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94