Cannot get Phantom Vision app to work with Samsung S5

Reaction score
Hi,

For many months I have been trying to get the Phantom Vision app to work with my Samsung Galaxy S5 but cannot get it past the first screen.

It works fine with my Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Tab 7 and my Ipad mini.

Somewhere in the DJI site I read that there were issues with the S5 but I cannot find where I had read that now. Needless to say, DJI has been worthless in trying to figure out the problem, even though they acknowledged that there are issues with the S5.

I get the same scripted answers from them, reinstall the app, rebind the camera, etc. I have tried every possible thing they have suggested but nothing will work.
The app launches and gets to the first screen with the four icons (Camera; Settings; Album and News) but that is as far as I can get. Whenever I try to enter any of them, the screen winks at me and returns back to that same page.

I have tried airplane mode = off, all firmware is up to date, latest version of app, etc. NOTHING FIXES the problem.

I see that a couple people here say they are using a Galaxy S5, if you happen to read this maybe you found a work around for the problem that DJI seems to want to ignore.
Having my S5 work would be nice since it is the phone that I use. I would like to have it working so I can use it and also be able to access my Flytrex Live 3G data when in the field.

HELP!!!

Regards

The DJI app works fine on my S5, never had any problems on OS v4.4 and now on 5.0. Only thing I can think of is to clear the cache and see if that helps.

Some tips:

1- Try closing all opened Apps before use Vision App. (tap Home and stay there until opened list apperas, then close 1 by 1)
2- Go to Config Tools and activate Developer Tools (options) debug tools for get more info about crash.

Hi jumanoc,

Tried both at your suggestion. Still winks at me and then secretly laughs at me before returning to the home screen.
I already had the Developer Tools activated and don't see any debug information. Really frustrating!

I think I may have to have my sim switched to the Galaxy Note because I am about fed up with this and all the other DJI problems.
It sure takes the fun out of flying. Spring is near, might just dust off my airplanes and my heli and deep six the phantoms.

Thx for the reply and suggestions

Two more:
1- Try open the App WITHOUT connecting to Phantom Wifi and tap Camera icon... same crash ?
2- Remove SimCard, try normal Phantom WiFi connection and open the App... what happends?

Hi again jumanoc,

1. Same problem.
2. Same problem.

Just another reason why I am going to buy a Yuneec q500 as soon as they have the 4k camera option.
Inspire is out of the question. The cost of parts and accessories for them is absolutely insane. You could end up with double the $2889.00 easily.

There must be a reason why the Yuneec is beginning to out sell Phantoms now. Better warranty too. Since my main interest is photography/video I think I will be more than happy with one.
Phantom is more nimble, but less reliable and as you know, still has bugs in them.

Thanks for you help, but I give up. My sanity is worth more than getting this to work.

Thanks again!

I have a very similar problem with my s5/p3. It all works, but when I start to look into the software, my s5 packs a sad and freezes. A restart fixes it, but why should we!
peter

I don't have too much trouble with my p2v+, apart from the lousy vid back [ actually much better with 2db 2.4 dipoles in place of those cp patch antennae which are standard], and, i have noticed, it's ability to get the controls totally screwed up when flying on home lock. A quick flick back to atti, then back to gps fixes it, but that doesn't help people who don't know what is happening. I do not see why we have to put up with this. we are only talking about relatively simple programming, for god's [i am an a-theist] sake!
argh!
peter west

I can't run my mavic pro on the dji go app with my s5 Galaxy. It won't recognize it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers